Anyone in logistics - freight broker industry?

I'm looking to get into the industry. I have tons of sales experience, but no logistics experience. I am having a real hard time finding any company that will train you without 2 years of experience. I do have an interview with TQL coming up next week,so if anyone has any experience with them please share. Im also wondering if anyone knows any companies in the San Antonio / Austin area that are willing to train new brokers. Any help would be appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post

See if any local colleges (even community) offer any kind of courses in APICS certification.

Try to contact the American Society of Transportation and Logistics. They can help you

How old are you? Join the army for a couple of years and you can get some solid work experience it that field.

I'm 27. No army for m me though. I just relocated to Texas so I'm looking in the San Antonio area. I know my brother in law could get me a job with his company but that would require me to pack my shit up and move back to Chicago. Phone Post 3.0

I've had four friends come and go through TQL. There's very little job security from what they've told me.

I'll shoot you a PM later. Phone Post 3.0

Amos Moses - I've had four friends come and go through TQL. There's very little job security from what they've told me.

I'll shoot you a PM later. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you sir - there's actually a bunch I questions I would like to ask them. Phone Post 3.0

I am the Director of Operations for a trucking company in GA (125 trucks) and use TQL although our business has declined with them because there are other companies out there paying better and TQL does some shady shit if you ask me such as booking your truck on a load and not actually having it from the customer yet etc. Last year we were voted by folks at TQL as the #3 trucking co they worked with and this year they sent us some other award as a "finalist"?

TQL is a mill ....get them fresh out of school and work their ass off and when they know enough they leave to go somewhere else. Good starting point if you have no exp but if it was me Coyote is the #1 from what I can see on my end and I pick them over anybody to do business with. Being in TX you might try Stevens Transport as they are based in Dallas and have offices everywhere.

If you have anything else feel free to PM and I will get back asap. Good luck

TTT Phone Post 3.0

As a driver, whenever I have to call the broker, the chicks at Coyote "sound" the hottest. Whatever that's worth.

The chicks at Coyote are hot have seen a few of them. I think that is how they get all those young dudes to stay there and work 12 hours a day !!

Sub Phone Post

Anyone have any experience with Freight Lanes International? Phone Post

never heard of FLI

I have a client who runs a company called TSG. I know he was looking for salesmen awhile back. He's based in Lexington, KY but I don't think that matters.

I'd be glad to get in touch with him for you as I have a really good rapport with him. Phone Post 3.0

derelict - I have a client who runs a company called TSG. I know he was looking for salesmen awhile back. He's based in Lexington, KY but I don't think that matters.

I'd be glad to get in touch with him for you as I have a really good rapport with him. Phone Post 3.0
If he's open for training someone with no freight experience I would really appreciate it. PM me when you get a chance. Phone Post 3.0

Experience is experience, but TQL is total horse shit.

Numerous people have left my employer to go there, every single one has tried to come back.

Every. Single. One. Phone Post

I actually was offered the job with TQL last week, but I just can't do the 2 hour commute everyday. Phone Post 3.0