Anyone interested in Vikings?

And their place in history? If so, how did you become interested in them?

Why yes I am. My family has always liked them.

mn vikings helmet photo: Viking's Mini Helmet Autographs 011.jpg

Ha, Joe, you beat me to it!

Also interested in the real thing. I have Norwegian and Scandinavian bloodlines, so between that and living in Minnesota I've always found the Vikings interesting. I remember seeing the Kensington Runestone in Alexandria as a youngster and hearing all of the stories about suspected early North American settlement.

What's this obsession about pirates and bandits? Is anybody culturally interested in Somali pirates?

Forssberg - What's this obsession about pirates and bandits? Is anybody culturally interested in Somali pirates?

No, because they don't have cool bears or carry axes

How do you know if your a viking?

Good show.

The Wizzle -
How do you know if your a viking?
Do you even vike, bro? Phone Post 3.0

Watched the first season pretty good so far Phone Post

Gates of Janus - 
Forssberg - What's this obsession about pirates and bandits? Is anybody culturally interested in Somali pirates?

um, vikings did a lot more that destroy shit.

Like what? They were ruthless bandits in an era of extreme European weakness. Do you really think the Somali pirates would have accomplished less if placed within the same conditions? I don't even grant Vikings the recognition of being great soldiers, seeing as everybody around them was below shit level. It's no coincidence that as soon as the darkest ages came to an end, the era of the pirates also went down the drain. No, I explain the modern fetishism surrounding Vikings as some form of psychiatric attraction for anarchy, for the contrary of order and civilization.

Forssberg -
Gates of Janus - 

um, vikings did a lot more that destroy shit.

Like what? They were ruthless bandits in an era of extreme European weakness. Do you really think the Somali pirates would have accomplished less if placed within the same conditions? I don't even grant Vikings the recognition of being great soldiers, seeing as everybody around them was below shit level. It's no coincidence that as soon as the darkest ages came to an end, the era of the pirates also went down the drain. No, I explain the modern fetishism surrounding Vikings as some form of psychiatric attraction for anarchy, for the contrary of order and civilization.
Please stop.

There are many Norman conquests from France that did great things who directly derived from Viking lineage. Many other cultural, innovations and battles that freed people from the feudal system due to the Vikings. Phone Post 3.0

"Many" Norman conquests from France? There is only one Norman conquest, buddy.
What "great things" and "cultural innovations" were peculiarly derived from Norman conquest and would not have happened otherwise? What of these "great things" and "cultural innovations" were peculiarly Viking as opposed to French?

I am also afraid that you ought to revise your history re: feudalism and the role of the Normans in its introduction in England.

Influenced would be a better word. I will provide more information after the game. Phone Post 3.0

JoeVIP - Why yes I am. My family has always liked them.

mn vikings helmet photo: Viking's Mini Helmet Autographs 011.jpg
VU.

Skol! Phone Post 3.0