Anyone looking forward to "Under the Dome"?

Starts Monday the 24th on CBS.

I loved the premise of the book, although like most of Stephen King's recent works the ending is a bit weak.

I was hoping that this was going to be more of a miniseries, but after seeing how they are doing it as a 13 week run, I have a little more hope. In retrospect, they should have done "The Stand" that way as they could have gotten more in depth into the material.

13 weeks seems like it's dragging the story out a bit, but hopefully, the additional time will help them from fucking it up like what normally happens with film/tv adaptations of King's works.

The stand has already been done. Phone Post

sewich - 

The stand has already been done. Phone Post

No shit I know that.

They should have done it the way they are doing this.

A 13 week run would be better than a 6 hour miniseries.

meh...hopefully it's better than the book. 

angryinch -

I thought the book was decent but a little long. Phone Post 3.0

Not Frasers Conscience - 
angryinch -

I thought the book was decent but a little long. Phone Post 3.0

I started reading it and lost interest about 75% of the way through.  Never finished it. 

PatK - Starts Monday the 24th on CBS.

I loved the premise of the book, although like most of Stephen King's recent works the ending is a bit weak.

I was hoping that this was going to be more of a miniseries, but after seeing how they are doing it as a 13 week run, I have a little more hope. In retrospect, they should have done "The Stand" that way as they could have gotten more in depth into the material.

13 weeks seems like it's dragging the story out a bit, but hopefully, the additional time will help them from fucking it up like what normally happens with film/tv adaptations of King's works.
Um, what's it about? Phone Post 3.0

Jack Carter - 
PatK - Starts Monday the 24th on CBS.

Um, what's it about? Phone Post 3.0

One morning a small town wakes up to find it has been encased in a giant, impenetrable dome.

People go nuts and hilarity ensues.

Sweet! I'm in!

I hope they start eating the dead.

And I really hope it doesn't turn out ot be another "Revolution"

The Simpsons killed this idea long ago Phone Post 3.0

Read the book. I'll give the show a shot.

Jack Carter - 

Sweet! I'm in!

I hope they start eating the dead.

And I really hope it doesn't turn out ot be another "Revolution"

Revolution sucked all the way through. I will warn you, the ending of this is somewhat disappointing.

But it touches on such subjects as rape rape, meth, necrophilia, and small town government assholes.

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed the book until towards the end.

I think 13 weeks is a reasonable amount of time for the show to run, though. It's a pretty long book. It's significantly longer than Game of Thrones (ASOIAF #1) which filled 10 episodes quite well, even leaving some things out. I don't think it will drag over 13 episodes if it's done well.

And yes, this is how The Stand should have been done. It is one of my favorite King books, but the 4 part miniseries they did for it was horrible. I heard Ben Affleck was working on a movie adaptation of The Stand, but I think that's going to be really difficult. The story could easily support 3 full length films each based on one act of the book.

A Salem's Lot remake could be good, as well. I didn't think much of the first attempt at a film.

Did you see the more recent Salem's Lot? The one with Rob Lowe?

I haven't seen that one but heard it is good.

Will stay away from it until I read the book. UTD is in my que of books, but kind of far down on the list. Finally getting around to reading American Gods and I'm about halfway through with that.

I enjoyed the book but I don't think society would go to dogshit as quickly as it did in the story

Like every King book, good until he had to end it, then shit the bed. Will watch to see what they do with the story.

Nitecrawler - Will stay away from it until I read the book. UTD is in my que of books, but kind of far down on the list. Finally getting around to reading American Gods and I'm about halfway through with that.
It's decent but it takes a long time to get to the end and subsequently it takes a while to get to the interesting parts. Phone Post 3.0

There is a Stephen King AMA on reddit. Was dying to see if anyone asked why he can't end his books very well.

edwims - 

I enjoyed the book but I don't think society would go to dogshit as quickly as it did in the story

I dunno, I grew up in a small hick town.

I could see shit spiraling out of control pretty fast.