Anyone NC OGers?

My wife and I are seriously considering moving there this summer. She lived there before but i never have. We live just north of Atlanta now and are looking to move to Boone/Blowing Rock area. We have taken a few vacations there over the past year. We used airbnb each time and stayed at the same house. The owner said he is okay doing monthly on it. We want to rent for a year before trying to buy. We are pretty close to 100% but a move like that makes me nervous since I've never done it. We also have kids. How does every like NC?

It’s aight. Live in Asheville, nothing special 

Boone is  rich college town, blowing rock is a rich not college kid town. Lol. Love both. I'm on the TN side of the line. Boone is my favorite town that I wish I lived in but simply can't afford to. 

Go for it OP

Do you have a job lined up, or are you independently wealthy? 

Yeah really. Neither are towns I'd suggest moving to and hoping for the best. If you aren't a college kid/already rich, you're gonna have a hard time making it working at Cook Out or Krispy Kreme for 8 bucks an hour. 

Finances are in order. The college town aspect is one thing that I'm unsure of. I have researched the same thing online and that seems to get alot of complaints. We are starting to also look around sugar mountain, beech mountain and in between . Thanks guys!

Charlotte is great. Been here since '03 and it's truly become home.

Hickory is surprisingly ok for a smaller town as well.

Birds fly upside down over coastal North Carolina because there is nothing worth shitting on. 

Live in Charlotte but I go to Blowing Rock often for hiking/camping. Overall I love living in North Carolina.

More info on Boone please. Why are people saying it's a rich town. There are plenty of homes between 200-250k

Check out Cary/Apex with having kids.

Basz -

More info on Boone please. Why are people saying it's a rich town. There are plenty of homes between 200-250k

Probably because it's a ski/vacation town. But it's also a college town, so it's got a mix of income ranges.