Anyone notice the Shogun mimicry at the start!

I am not sure if he was extactly mocking Shogun or even Machida but at the start but he definitely did an impression of Shogun mimicking his style and head movement very distinctively.

I personally think he was just tring to get in Machida's head and was some more Greg Jackson style 'sports psychology'.

Can anyone please gif it for me?!!?

ttttt - tt = ttt

Tttttttttttttttttttttt Phone Post

I noticed that as well Phone Post

He did extend his arms out a la Shogun, Jon's an intelligent guy - I wouldn't be surprised if those were his intentions. 

maybe he's like cell from dragon ball z and he can mimmic anybody's style after he fights them. Maybe he'll do a Machida Karate rush next time he fights.

MartialArtsMixed - maybe he's like cell from dragon ball z and he can mimmic anybody's style after he fights them. Maybe he'll do a Machida Karate rush next time he fights.

Lol Phone Post

What stuck out in my head is right after Jones' corner told him to make an adjustment, it seemed Machida noticed a change after the first leg kick of the second round, even giving Jones a WTF look. Phone Post

Go away^ Phone Post

yeah but when he fights new fighters that he doesn't have the data of, he picks it up as they fight. RE: Cell vs Trunks.

I noticed it too. I think he did it twice, actually. I think Jones did it intentionally to mock Machida and to remind him of what Jon did to Shogun. Phone Post

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - I noticed it too. I think he did it twice, actually. I think Jones did it intentionally to mock Machida and to remind him of what Jon did to Shogun.

Holy crap you guys are reaching. The Bones hate is so strong on here. lol.

G-Hands -
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - I noticed it too. I think he did it twice, actually. I think Jones did it intentionally to mock Machida and to remind him of what Jon did to Shogun.

Holy crap you guys are reaching. The Bones hate is so strong on here. lol.

I don't mind Jones, I do hate his fans though.

He mimicked Shogun.

I you didn't see it you're blind or stupid. Phone Post

When I train and such, I routinely try and mimic fighters who do things that I feel I would be good at. Maybe Jones was doing the same.

But if he was mocking him, good. I like open bravado. When it is masked by a good guy facade it loses it's appeal. I hope Bones just goes full heel, there is no need for the facade any longer. Diaz is a heel and people love him, Rampage is a heel in a sense and people love him. Penn was a heel in a lot of his fights and people love him. Drop the schoolboy image Jon, and go with Smooth Jonny, or Black Dynamite. People compare him to Ali, and Ali was a HUGE heel. People LOVED to hate him. If I was Malki Kawa I would encourage Jon to embrace it.

A lot of people missing the point (and some thankfully getting it) there is NO Jobes hate, just observation. It wasn't Muay Thai stance as one poster put it. It was a blatant Shogun impersonation that lasted approx 3 -5 seconds at the start of round 1.

Someone please gif! Phone Post

Again not hate so jog on nuthuggers, I like jones too Phone Post

now that you mention it i know what you mean

Jon Jones has made this forum lose its mind. God I hope he keeps winning.

These threads are priceless!

ttt

If any fucking 12 year old says that's called Muay Thai again I might just implode lol! I know what fucking Muay THai is. I am a pro MT guy of 10 years, anyway it was a Shpgun impersonation..

Gif please!!!

....and yes, 'I mad' lol! Phone Post