Anyone on the wagon?

I'm going to try to stop drinking. I've never given it a serious try, so I'm not sure if it will be easy or not. I have an addictive personality, so I'm probably not an alcoholic, but I know people will say that that is denial so we'll see.

I'm doing this because I am working out again want to feel 100%. I remember saying that I wasn't addicted to cigarettes until I tried to quit. Luckily that went ok, and I was able to quit 5 years ago. Phone Post

I'm doing the same. Its tough. Best of luck. Phone Post

Thanks bro, good luck to you as well! Phone Post

I quit drinking in 1985.
True story. Phone Post 3.0

NomoRomophobia - I quit drinking in 1985.

Congrats on your success. Did you consider yourself then (or now) an alcoholic if you don't mind me asking?

12 years on the wagon,

Do It...you won't regret it!

Ch1ef -
NomoRomophobia - I quit drinking in 1985.

Congrats on your success. Did you consider yourself then (or now) an alcoholic if you don't mind me asking?
I was 19 and a mess.
I went to treatment and did consider myself an alcoholic. I surrounded myself with all things AA for about 12 years. Eventually quit going.
Still don't drink.
Whether I am an alcoholic almost 28 years later seems unlikely, but...
I still don't drink.
It doesn't really have anything good to offer me, and the possible risk of awakening a sleeping beast is not a risk I am willing to take.
Good luck! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Phone Post

Giving it a shot this week. I've been drinking too much for several years now and want to quit before I have any serious health problems or get myself into any trouble. Phone Post 3.0

N Phone Post 3.0

I quit drinking 6/2/2003. I did rehab/AA, and still go to a meetibg or two a week.

IMO, your not missing anything when you stop drinking. Whether you have a problem or not is really up to you to decide, but i'd suggest giving it 90 days.

Check out an open meeting of aa if you like, if nothing else you hear uplifting stories and leave happy to have your own problems rather than the other peoples problems. Phone Post

Reference my sober thread, OP. Let's you know other people are doing it and helps you out a little to not start back up, in my opinion anyways. Phone Post 3.0

Quit on 11/03/12, not even considered starting again Phone Post 3.0

Was voting you all up and hit the vote down on you Bungle. I'll remember to fix it tomorrow. Phone Post

I quit over a year ago because I was ready to! Drinking did nothing for me and I always knew it, finally it all clicked. I read the amazing book called "the easy way to stop drinking". Changed my life for the better. I don't really see why I would ever drink again. I don't have half the problems I did when I drank. Also I am happy again, just like being a kid all over again!! Phone Post 3.0

Ch1ef - 

Was voting you all up and hit the vote down on you Bungle. I'll remember to fix it tomorrow. Phone Post

Fixed!

I felt like a lost puppy when I got home from work yesterday. As I pulled into the driveway, my mind was already on a beer and I instinctively went to the refrigerator. Then it dawned on me and that I quit drinking so I went outside and played with the dogs for awhile.

Once I settled in, I sat in my chair and sipped a lemonade lol. Time for a new routine. Phone Post

My first thread was asking for help to quit drinking. I stopped for two months then fell off the wagon. It is hard because my wife isn't the best supporter. But I have controlled it better. I have a boxing bout lined up so I don't get drunk but I do have a few. Phone Post

hang in there...it gets better. also, you will get better. Phone Post

Best of luck to you. You can do it. Get used to being uncomfortable around people drinking. My in-laws love to drink so I had to be strong in family functions. If you can avoid these situations it would be best tho. Phone Post