Anyone own a Toyota FJ cruiser? TME

Just wondering if anyone has owned one of these, looking for any opinions.

Thanks OG.

I do not, but that is a good looking vehicle!
I like it alot. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post

i don't, but while i was mudding in Dresser, WI Toyota brought 3 new ones out for the weekend. they were showing them off on the boulder piles and the mudpits... fucking things rip! they were stock and doing shit some lifted trucks couldn't do. definitely a badass vehicle and Toyota is known for their reliability and safety.

i don't think you could go wrong with one. one of my neighbors rolls around in one that is that off white eggshell color with a black top and black rims. thing looks sexy as fuck!

Dad owns one. 200K miles runs like a champ. Spent 1500 about a month ago on standard stuff. Good vehicle. Horrible blind spots, very important not to let women drive. Phone Post

By me it's kind of a soccer mom all purpose grocery and dance recital machine Phone Post 3.0

Sick off road. Suck on highways. Suck a bit less with regular street driving. SICK OFF ROAD. Phone Post 3.0

Great on gas!

If they're having a buy one get one free sale, I call the free one. Phone Post

I have seen some awesome looking FJ's driving around recently.  Didn't think much of them at first, but man, they're cool as fuck now. 

possum jitsu - Dad owns one. 200K miles runs like a champ. Spent 1500 about a month ago on standard stuff. Good vehicle. Horrible blind spots, very important not to let women drive. Phone Post
I was going to say something about the blind spots, but you've said it all!! VU tomorrow! Phone Post 3.0

I've heard nothing but great things about it. My father-in-law and sister-in-law have one. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and my sister-in-law takes hers on the beach all the time and her car is the only one I've seen that doesn't get stuck in the sand. Many of the big guns get stuck and surprising that hers hasn't so far. Phone Post 3.0

my favorite looking SUV, i saw one in all flat black with black rims/roof and it was wicked.

This might be BS, but i recall hearing that the FJs had an issue with windshields cracking when rocks hit them, because they are so flat that the impact is harder and not deflected off at an angle

any truth to this?

Had one. Stick shift full time 4 wheel drive. horrible horrible gas mileage and kind of bad range on one tank. Really bad blind spots too.

I liked it off road. It drove well on road too. comfortable to drive for a long period of time.

No mechanical problems with it. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, it's not that great in gas. I drove it from LI to Montreal two years ago. Phone Post 3.0

No power, Phone Post

I own one. Better on gas than I expected. Phone Post 3.0

Needs a diesel.

The new one, that more or less a Prado with a different cab?