Anyone picking Belal Muhammad over Leon?

I feel like he's gonna get it done. Belal is a grinder and has looked better and better every fight. Leon is also coming off a very long layoff.

thoughts UG?? 

I think Leon will catch him with straighter punches. 

MagnumPeeEye -

Leon is very well rounded, I had him losing the Gunnar fight and if I remember Correctly he gassed pretty bad. I feel like Belal puts on a higher pace than Gunnar, and this being a 5-rounder with the Leon lay off it could be a long night

Belal is one of very few fighters right now I make sure never to miss. Not sure what it is about him but I really enjoy watching how he goes about fights. It’s a steep climb, but I think he might take a razor close decision against Leon

And Kudos to Leon for taking the fight by the way. A very dangerous fight for him with no upsides. His talk of being a title contender vanishes if he loses 

3 Likes

He's like an in-shape Dj Khaled.

I always root for Belal.

Belal is a decision machine. I think Leon will win this decision though. 

1 Like

I am predicting Leon, but could easily imagine Muhammad - who is a tough out and a pro - getting a decision.

I could Belal taking it.  Leon has been off for a long time and Belal has been active and improving.  I’ll take a flyer on Belal.

Leon is younger and better. 

MagnumPeeEye -

This 

Bend The Knee -
MagnumPeeEye -

Leon is very well rounded, I had him losing the Gunnar fight and if I remember Correctly he gassed pretty bad. I feel like Belal puts on a higher pace than Gunnar, and this being a 5-rounder with the Leon lay off it could be a long night

He didn’t gas and he beat Gunnar everywhere. The fight wasn’t close. 

This fight has zero interest to me.

1 Like
  • Both fighters have had 12 UFC fights.
  • Belal is 9-3 UFC and Leon is 10-2 UFC.
  • Belal has 2 wins by finish in UFC. Leon has 3.
  • So: 19 decisions in a combined 24 UFC fights.
  • "Fight goes to decision" is favored at -190.
  • Edwards is a -260 favorite.
  • Edwards has a 2" reach advantage.
  • Belal lands almost twice as many sig. strikes as Edwards (4.9 vs. 2.5 per minute)
  • Belal absorbs about twice as many sig. strikes as Edwards (4 vs. 2 per minute)
  • Belal lands 2 TDs per 15 minutes. Leon lands 1.4
  • Belal has 2 post-fight bonuses in 12 fights. Leon has 1.

FWIW

1 Like

![](upload://cU8LlvNuWdm833tmGovyrVkWcvF.gif)

1 Like

Is he on the same team as Borz (I think that's his nickname right)? 

MasterofMartialArts -
Bend The Knee -
MagnumPeeEye -

So the fight that 1 judge has Gunnar winning the whole fight and the other had 2 had Leon winning 2 rounds out of 3 wasn't close? Got it...

1 Like
Bend The Knee - 
MasterofMartialArts -
Bend The Knee -
MagnumPeeEye -

So the fight that 1 judge has Gunnar winning the whole fight and the other had 2 had Leon winning 2 rounds out of 3 wasn't close? Got it...

Right.

That judge is the only person who gave Gunnar that round, lol. Check out the media scores. http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9890/Leon-Edwards-vs-Gunnar-Nelson

wiggum -
Bend The Knee - 
MasterofMartialArts -
Bend The Knee -
MagnumPeeEye -

Right.

That judge is the only person who gave Gunnar that round, lol. Check out the media scores. http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9890/Leon-Edwards-vs-Gunnar-Nelson

Even so, it was a VERY close fight

Universally -
  • Both fighters have had 12 UFC fights.
  • Belal is 9-3 UFC and Leon is 10-2 UFC.
  • Belal has 2 wins by finish in UFC. Leon has 3.
  • So: 19 decisions in a combined 24 UFC fights.
  • "Fight goes to decision" is favored at -190.
  • Edwards is a -260 favorite.
  • Edwards has a 2" reach advantage.
  • Belal lands almost twice as many sig. strikes as Edwards (4.9 vs. 2.5 per minute)
  • Belal absorbs about twice as many sig. strikes as Edwards (4 vs. 2 per minute)
  • Belal lands 2 TDs per 15 minutes. Leon lands 1.4
  • Belal has 2 post-fight bonuses in 12 fights. Leon has 1.

FWIW

doing the lords work. very close fight on paper

1 Like