Anyone picking Jairzinho over Francis?

He does have a solid chance being a former professional kickboxer and Francis not known to wrestle...

Good chance IMO. I'd say 55% Ngannou 45% Jairzinho. 

It's gonna he a stand up fight. Rozenstruick has over 70 fights as a kick-boxer, and Ngannou is a little overrated in that his legit wins are Arlovski (lol, he is so chinny he only existed on the roster to get knocked out and build names), Overeem (also extremely chinny), Blaydes twice (impressive, but Blaydes at the time didn't really have much stand up to offer - he's only just starting to figure out striking), Velasquez (after an insanely long layoff), and JDS (who can dish it out but whose chin appears to be fading more and more). 

Not to discredit any of them, they are all savages, but he hasn’t fought a top level knockout artist who isn’t a bit chinny aside from Lewis, which was a disaster, and I would consider Rozenstruik a much more experienced and technical striker than Lewis anyways. 

looking at Jairzinho, he has a tremendous chin but he has been knocked out before kickboxing. He is also at a reach disadvantage.

Bottom line, I suspect this may be a case of who connects first, aka a coin flip. The coin is slightly weighted in favour of Ngannou due to size. 

Mentally, he was scared of Lewis after Miocic so maybe he will be scared of Rozenstruik too and avoid engaging again. God I hope not lmao. 

i habe a little money on Jarzinho but to say either side is a lock is insane IMO

2 Likes

big power

these are HWs

always a decent chance of an upset

history tells us this, and this guy is a very live dog IMO

2 Likes
Rambo John J - big power

these are HWs

I just wonder how well he will transition to MMA striking. We’ve seen some good kickboxers not do great in MMA. And Francis is probably one of the hardest hitters this guy will face…I just wonder if he has the technique 

Oh come on hahaha you fuckers, why are you downvoting. Because I called out Francis's resume? Bc I think Rozenstruik has an almost 50/50 chance? 

Explain to me how I’m wrong, because I’d like to know 

2 Likes
The Closed Guard -
Rambo John J - big power

these are HWs

I just wonder how well he will transition to MMA striking. We’ve seen some good kickboxers not do great in MMA. And Francis is probably one of the hardest hitters this guy will face…I just wonder if he has the technique 

10-0 in MMA with 9 knockouts isn’t enough of a transition? 

to be fair he hasn’t fought anyone who isn’t a can or a chinny vet, but he’s been doing MMA now for 8 years so he’s had enough time to transition. Francis is the ultimate test of his striking defence as a transitioned athlete though I gotta admit 

He can do it. If I were him I would plan to be pure defense and move for round 1. By round 2 he should be favored.

1 Like
KickPunchr -

Oh come on hahaha you fuckers, why are you downvoting. Because I called out Francis's resume? Bc I think Rozenstruik has an almost 50/50 chance? 

I thought it was a spot on analysis but now I’m gonna VD you for bitching

2 Likes

Has either ever been rocked in a MMA fight? The Reem hit them both flush and I don't recall them ever losing their legs.

1 Like

Will Francis fight timid like he did against Lewis? I’m picking Jair.

KickPunchr -
The Closed Guard -
Rambo John J - big power

these are HWs

to be fair he hasn’t fought anyone who isn’t a can or a chinny vet, but he’s been doing MMA now for 8 years so he’s had enough time to transition. Francis is the ultimate test of his striking defence as a transitioned athlete though I gotta admit 

He hasn’t faced anyone really of value. He was losing the Overeem fight as well…

1 Like
BJTT-BigDaddy -
KickPunchr -

I thought it was a spot on analysis but now I’m gonna VD you for bitching

Lmao! Fair enough hahaha. 

cyberc92 -

Has either ever been rocked in a MMA fight? The Reem hit them both flush and I don't recall them ever losing their legs.

I watched every Rozenstruik fight yesterday (MMA). In kickboxing he has but in MMA never even a little bit. He has a weird ability to eat heavy shots flush and not even move or react. 

With that said it was only Overeem and Andrew Kovalev who hit him flush. Everyone else didn’t last long enough to land anything significant. 

Not sure about Ngannou, was gonna re-watch all of his fights tonight so I’ll check back in.

KickPunchr -
cyberc92 -

I watched every Rozenstruik fight yesterday (MMA). In kickboxing he has but in MMA never even a little bit. He has a weird ability to eat heavy shots flush and not even move or react. 

With that said it was only Overeem and Andrew Kovalev who hit him flush. Everyone else didn’t last long enough to land anything significant. 

Not sure about Ngannou, was gonna re-watch all of his fights tonight so I’ll check back in.

Andrey 

The Closed Guard -
KickPunchr -
The Closed Guard -
Rambo John J - big power

these are HWs

He hasn’t faced anyone really of value. He was losing the Overeem fight as well…

Andrey Kovalev was actually a decent opponent. He stopped fighting for some reason after the Rozenstruik fight but he is massive and was 9-0 going in. 

Nowhere near Ngannou but still underrated. Everyone else except Overeem wasn’t much to get excited about although to be fair Overeem is insanely experienced and was super cautious. 

Definitelt didn’t Ngannou him tho hahaha phewww that was insane 

scourge - Will Francis fight timid like he did against Lewis? I'm picking Jair.

Really curious about this too. He's been talking about how hard mentally the corona sitch has been for him as well a bit so we will see.. 

Rozenstruik on Ngannou...

As frightening as Ngannou might be to some, Rozenstruik isn’t counted among them.

“I’m a fighter. I’ve been doing this for years,” Rozenstruik said. “I’m used to knocking big guys out so it won’t be different. It’s blood and meat in there. It’s what I eat, so what is different?”

lol he's a savage 

I'm going with Francis based on their performances against Overeem.  

Rozenstruik has significantly better kickboxing pedigree.  Henri Hooft and Tyrone Spong.  If I have to choose between two KO artists, I'm going with pedigree, although I'll admit it's not cut-and-dry (because I'd take a hungry guy over pedigree given the choice).

1 Like

I've got $25 to win $110 on Rozenstruik and Jacare parlay.

Lobster bet, baby, lol.

1 Like