Anyone picking Jairzinho over Francis?

I fancy his chances, both have the power to KO each other but I think Jairzinho's skill will be able to gap the size/reach disadvantage.

1 Like

Will Fran shoot?

KickPunchr -

Good chance IMO. I'd say 55% Ngannou 45% Jairzinho.Ā 

It's gonna he a stand up fight. Rozenstruick has over 70 fights as a kick-boxer, and Ngannou is a little overrated in that his legit wins are Arlovski (lol, he is so chinny he only existed on the roster to get knocked out and build names), Overeem (also extremely chinny), Blaydes twice (impressive, but Blaydes at the time didn't really have much stand up to offer - he's only just starting to figure out striking), Velasquez (after an insanely long layoff), and JDS (who can dish it out but whose chin appears to be fading more and more).Ā 

Ā 

Not to discredit any of them, they are all savages, but he hasnā€™t fought a top level knockout artist who isnā€™t a bit chinny aside from Lewis, which was a disaster, and I would consider Rozenstruik a much more experienced and technical striker than Lewis anyways.Ā 

looking at Jairzinho, he has a tremendous chin but he has been knocked out before kickboxing. He is also at a reach disadvantage.

Bottom line, I suspect this may be a case of who connects first, aka a coin flip. The coin is slightly weighted in favour of Ngannou due to size.Ā 

Ā 

Mentally, he was scared of Lewis after Miocic so maybe he will be scared of Rozenstruik too and avoid engaging again. God I hope not lmao.Ā 

i habe a little money on Jarzinho but to say either side is a lock is insane IMO

You can literally dismantle anyone's wins if we go by your logicĀ 

1 Like
Acidic -
KickPunchr -

It's gonna he a stand up fight. Rozenstruick has over 70 fights as a kick-boxer, and Ngannou is a little overrated in that his legit wins are Arlovski (lol, he is so chinny he only existed on the roster to get knocked out and build names), Overeem (also extremely chinny), Blaydes twice (impressive, but Blaydes at the time didn't really have much stand up to offer - he's only just starting to figure out striking), Velasquez (after an insanely long layoff), and JDS (who can dish it out but whose chin appears to be fading more and more).Ā 

Ā 

Not to discredit any of them, they are all savages, but he hasnā€™t fought a top level knockout artist who isnā€™t a bit chinny aside from Lewis, which was a disaster, and I would consider Rozenstruik a much more experienced and technical striker than Lewis anyways.Ā 

looking at Jairzinho, he has a tremendous chin but he has been knocked out before kickboxing. He is also at a reach disadvantage.

Bottom line, I suspect this may be a case of who connects first, aka a coin flip. The coin is slightly weighted in favour of Ngannou due to size.Ā 

Ā 

Mentally, he was scared of Lewis after Miocic so maybe he will be scared of Rozenstruik too and avoid engaging again. God I hope not lmao.Ā 

i habe a little money on Jarzinho but to say either side is a lock is insane IMO

Disagree. Which part is wrong? I openly acknowledged that they are all legit but also just pointed out the flaws for each one, all of which were completely accurate.Ā 

Ā 

By that same logic I can tellĀ you some fighters with legit resumes easily.Ā For example Stipe, Jones, GSP, Henderson, Khabib, Izzy, Usman, Tony,Ā Ā Max, and Poirier just off the top. Real resumes, not padded ones like Ngannou, who IS legit, but also is clearly a product of the marketing machine as well. Itā€™s a bit of both. And theyā€™re doing the same thing with Rozenstruick as well. Thereā€™s a reason they both fought Arlovski.Ā 

Ā 

The UFC loves nothing more than setting up a new heavyweight against a bunch of old chinny names, itā€™s how they build the business and how they build ā€œknockout artistsā€.Ā 

Donā€™t you find it a bit odd NgannouĀ has a 33% knockout percentage against complete cans pre-UFC, then jumped to 75% KO rate once he arrived? Obviously more training is part of it but the other part is matched against guys whose chins are gone.Ā 

Ā 

The UFC is in the business of building names off of the past and they do it well.Ā 

1 Like

Ithink Fran would be wise to try and take Jair down.Ā  Overeem was seconds away from victory

Tim Duncan -

Ithink Fran would be wise to try and take Jair down.Ā  Overeem was seconds away from victory

Or atleast shoot a few times to get him to think about the takedown....then BAM

The Closed GuardĀ -Ā 
Tim Duncan -

How is his wrestling? Have we ever seen it?

Ngannou has crazy power. The way he rocked Cain and JDS wasnā€™t even spectacular, just looked like glazing shots. Even if Jair has better technique, unless Francis suddenly has good takedowns, he should strike it out.

Acidic -
KickPunchr -

Ā 

Ā 

This.

Sprawl'n'Stall -
The Closed GuardĀ -Ā 
Tim Duncan -

How is his wrestling? Have we ever seen it?

Ngannou has crazy power. The way he rocked Cain and JDS wasnā€™t even spectacular, just looked like glazing shots. Even if Jair has better technique, unless Francis suddenly has good takedowns, he should strike it out.

the thing with a guy like Francis is whats lacking in technique is made up in power

JohnnyAppleseed4Life -

I think Roz is severely overrated to be honest. He got two knockouts in a row. But they were against literally the two biggest glass jaws in the history of the heavyweight division. Also he lost every second of the overeem fight until he landed a knockout with 5 seconds left after getting schooled for 24:55.Ā 

I think Nganou takes him out within 2 minutes.

He has 85 kickboxing fights with 64 knockouts and 9 knockouts in 10 fights in mma for a combined 73 knockouts lol he's got no ground game but his striking and knockout ability are definitely not overratedĀ 

KickPunchr -
Acidic -
KickPunchr -

Ā 

Ā 

Disagree. Which part is wrong? I openly acknowledged that they are all legit but also just pointed out the flaws for each one, all of which were completely accurate.Ā 

Ā 

By that same logic I can tellĀ you some fighters with legit resumes easily.Ā For example Stipe, Jones, GSP, Henderson, Khabib, Izzy, Usman, Tony,Ā Ā Max, and Poirier just off the top. Real resumes, not padded ones like Ngannou, who IS legit, but also is clearly a product of the marketing machine as well. Itā€™s a bit of both. And theyā€™re doing the same thing with Rozenstruick as well. Thereā€™s a reason they both fought Arlovski.Ā 

Ā 

The UFC loves nothing more than setting up a new heavyweight against a bunch of old chinny names, itā€™s how they build the business and how they build ā€œknockout artistsā€.Ā 

Donā€™t you find it a bit odd NgannouĀ has a 33% knockout percentage against complete cans pre-UFC, then jumped to 75% KO rate once he arrived? Obviously more training is part of it but the other part is matched against guys whose chins are gone.Ā 

Ā 

The UFC is in the business of building names off of the past and they do it well.Ā 

This is one of the rare intelligent things I've read around here lately.

1 Like

Lol no chance. Too old and stiff... heā€™s in there so Ngannou can hit him as hard as he can hit somebody. Itā€™ll be like that punching machine game.Ā 

KirkBJJ -

Lol no chance. Too old and stiff... heā€™s in there so Ngannou can hit him as hard as he can hit somebody. Itā€™ll be like that punching machine game.Ā 

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

Is he?!Ā Damn... ring years I guess then because he definitely doesnā€™t look it or move as well. Either way I stand corrected.Ā 

KirkBJJ -
KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

Is he?!Ā Damn... ring years I guess then because he definitely doesnā€™t look it or move as well. Either way I stand corrected.Ā 

The rest I stand by though. Hopefully I donā€™t look stupid again Saturday night but Iā€™ll be back if Iā€™m wrong for more embarrassment lolĀ 

1 Like
KirkBJJ -
KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

I was thinking the same thing then realized hes a year younger. He just comes off as old and slow haha. I try not to take the kickboxing pedigree too seriously, we've seen too many K1 strikers get worked by lesser strikers in a cage.Ā 

2 Likes
KirkBJJ -
KirkBJJ -
KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

The rest I stand by though. Hopefully I donā€™t look stupid again Saturday night but Iā€™ll be back if Iā€™m wrong for more embarrassment lolĀ 

True! To be fair he has way more fight years on him. Sand mine years have to suck but not as bad as pro kickboxing I guess bc Ngannou still moves really well!Ā 

1 Like
Flexo -
KirkBJJ -
KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

I was thinking the same thing then realized hes a year younger. He just comes off as old and slow haha. I try not to take the kickboxing pedigree too seriously, we've seen too many K1 strikers get worked by lesser strikers in a cage.Ā 

Saki comes to mindĀ 

Flexo -
KirkBJJ -
KickPunchr -
KirkBJJ -

Roz is younger tho?Ā 

Flexo like from Futurama btw? Legit SN hahaha fuck yeahĀ 

Better striker with better cardio and more experience. He was dishing up flying knees late into the 4/5 rounds against Alistair. If his chin can pass the first roundĀ I can see him winning on points.Ā 

1 Like