Anyone picking Sterling in a rematch?

I liked Sterling before all this, but he seems way too happy to be Champ over a DQ, in a fight he was getting mauled in.

Yan is the better striker, and I couldn’t believe he was ragdolling Sterling in the grappling department. There is no way I see Sterling winning the rematch

6 Likes

Regardless of how it happened, Sterling still gets the bonuses and raises that come with the belt. Hard not to be happy about that in a sport that only really rewards the champions or super marketable.

Yan definitely has the blueprint to beat him, so I’d put money on him for sure if betting.

3 Likes

The way sterling fought the first time
I’d have to give a hard no.

1 Like

way too happy to Tim Sylvia it up. he’s gonna get clowned.

4 Likes

I was a fan of Aljo but I’m annoyed at how he’s handling everything. And whatever is going on with Serra seems odd.
Personality and drama aside, he didn’t show enough in that fight to make me think he can make small adjustments and fair any better. Yan had his number

2 Likes

Sterling’s mom just put a grand on Yan…

11 Likes

lol. no.

No, but he should enjoy the moment!

Yan beat him in every facet of the fight, including where Sterling should have had an advantage, wrestling.

I find it very hard not to take Yan in the rematch.

3 Likes

After his fight with yan and how the tables were turning my choice would be yan but I don’t think we will get that rematch any time soon. I could see yan wanting to stay active, take a fight and lose. I hope the best in Sterling’s surgery if it’s true or not.

He had absolutely nothing for Yan. Bell to bell, got his ass trounced.

When he put the belt on the floor, he won me as a fan.

Then in the coming days, he ruined it. No modesty at all. Hope Yan puts him out.

2 Likes

He has a good team, and he has ways to improve. Will he improve? Good question.

Most people thought Yan would lose the first time. The fight - how it went - was a bit of a surprise. Sterling has the advantage of an immediate rematch of a fight that he was losing in. So if he and his team has sense they will identify the weaknesses and fix them.

He can win if he trains hard and smart. Fight from the outside and mid in takedowns like a poor mans GSP. He needs to go for a power double off the strikes and not go to his knees when shooting. Even if Yan stuffs it he will be better off imo

1 Like

Serra being booted from his corner made things weird.

He got tired fast last time.

I thought sure he would be able to wrestle and grind Yan down.

Definitely would not favor him in the rematch.

He will lose. No hespect for this assclown Aljo.

Did I read the story wrong? I thought Aljo had been splitting time with Xtreme Couture and Serra/Longo and did his camp with Xtreme Couture? If he did his camp and preparation for that fight at Xtreme Couture, it makes sense that the guy who put together his game plan would be in the corner.

I think the reason people are on Serra’s side here is because he put it out in the public and Aljo didn’t respond publicly with his side. If Aljo came out and said “I love Matt, but I live in Las Vegas now and did my camp with Xtreme Couture and Eric Nicksick, and I felt it made sense to include Eric in my corner given that he came up with the gameplan and trained me for the fight.” I doubt everyone is shitting on Aljo is they knew the whole story there, but he chose to call Matt directly to kiss and make up instead of putting it out in the public.

1 Like

Sterling’s corner wouldn’t bet on Sterling. Also he’s lost a lot of fans by how’s he’s acting.

This fight is never going to happen they’ll have to strip him eventually

1 Like

Almost impossible to bet on a guy that had no chance in the first place, to do better after a neck surgery. These surgeries are no joke, I had one myself. On the other Hand, if he had an herniated disc already before the fight, you could wonder how much that affected him. When I had a herniated disc in my neck, the strength in my left arm was gone completely.
But I think what sterling did pissed off Yan soooooo much, he will not be as calm and collected in the rematch… Maybe. If, that could be sterlings luck.

Sterling wins the rematch