Anyone play disc golf?

Pretty fun honestly. Most of the top players look to be completely unathletic so it could be a good sport for a lot of the people on this forum

1 Like

Used to get stoned and play w friends all the time back in high school.
Just now getting my son into it.

1 Like

Got a week off later in summer. Going to try.

1 Like

I tried it once. I might be worse and more boring than real golf. A couple of my fat and out of shape buddies love it. They go once or twice a week and call it exercising. They even have a bunch of different frisbees and bags to carry them (amd beer and weed) in.

The drugs or the disk golf?

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who read that as someone getting back into drugs….with their kid. Ha!

1 Like

Yes, I have played at the pro level for a long time. I would say almost all of the top players are very athletic.

1 Like

Longest drive?

My friends played in high school. I would go along to be friendly.

Its not really that fun IMO. Boring like regular golf.

I suppose it depends on your definition of athletic. I would dominate every top 10 player in every other sport or competition

I think the course you’re on matters a lot and your ability to control a disc. We have a course in the woods where I live and you have to weave through/around trees, I find it interesting

The field near me is fenced around 400 so I haven’t been able to test beyond that yet. I’ve only been playing for two months

1 Like

532’

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Thanks. I am past my prime and happy with 432’ these days. I’d lose to most 1000 rated players. My best finish at pro Worlds was 50th. I don’t suck but no one is asking for my autograph. It’s a tremendous amount of fun and surprisingly physically when you throw really hard and hike up and down hills all day with 20lbs on your back.

1 Like

I’m guessing you saw this?

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely amazing how that unfolded. If I had to pick one person to throw that shot in that moment it would have been James, and there he was.

I don’t think he’s done any drugs yet. He did get absolutely wasted camping last year. Mom said he could have a twisted tea or two… he drank about 10 and it was a puking rally after that.

1 Like

Ben Askren is supposed to be pretty hardcore into disc golf and he looks like a stereotypical player

1 Like

This is a real thing? Huh. Cool.