Anyone playing Darkest Dungeon?

Got this on sale with the DLC for the PS4.

I love the Lovecraftian inspire intro, they hit all the authors buzzwords on the head - art is beautifully ugly too.

But Damn this game is rough..Its one thing trying to keep your party alive but stopping them from losing their minds is near impossible..

I watched a few youtube vids but any tips for someone starting off?

Remember, the only thing that is free in darkest dungeon is people. Exploit them

Great game though, tough but rewarding

Don't get attached to the characters. They are meant to die.

Can you turn the dlc off on Ps4? Crimson court makes the game more difficult and it's probably better to do some runs on the base game first. That's what I had to do when I first started playing.

"Can you turn the dlc off on Ps4? Crimson court makes the game more difficult"

Yes you can.. Thanks for that.

Fuck now I want to play this again. Was trying to wait until the switch release but I don't think that I can wait another month.

Once you get a good crew with the right skills (and back-ups) the game actually becomes fairly easy, unless you have an RNG nightmare or make a bone-headed mistake.

PS: A SINGULAR strike!

Squatdog - Once you get a good crew with the right skills (and back-ups) the game actually becomes fairly easy, unless you have an RNG nightmare or make a bone-headed mistake.

PS: A SINGULAR strike!

Confidence surges as the enemy crumbles!

'Singular' is such a Lovecraftian word..

cleophus - Fuck now I want to play this again. Was trying to wait until the switch release but I don't think that I can wait another month.

LOL, same here. I probably played 10-20 hours on my pc, but its the kind of game that woudl be perfect in handheld mode in bed moreso then on my PC so I'm going to probably pick it up on swith and do a deep dive and really get into it.  Fucking everything is better on switch, lol.

Anyone play it on console - I can see the PC contollers so much easier...the ones on console suck..

ferox - Anyone play it on console - I can see the PC contollers so much easier...the ones on console suck..
I actually just played it on my vita last night. Haven't tried Ps4 yet but controls were kind of awkward. I don't think that it makes that big of a difference though since the game is turn based.

Anyone have the dlc class. Shieldbreaker I believe. Worth it?

played it for an hour.

kinda sucks

Akron OG - played it for an hour.

kinda sucks
Send this one to journey elsewhere, for we have need of sterner stock.

Very repetitive. I'm doing the shortest campaign, probably won't finish. Can't even imagine doing the longer ones.

sucks asshole

Akron, what games do you actually like?

zelda, witcher, xenoblade chronicles 2, red dead redemption.

you know, good games.

Well i found something and i thought of you

Akron OG - sucks asshole
We're you a fan of the genre (Rogue like Dungeon crawlers) before you played it?

ferox -
Akron OG - sucks asshole
We're you a fan of the genre (Rogue like Dungeon crawlers) before you played it?

Don't bother.  He hates everything.  It doesn't matter how well received or universally loved a game is, he'll call it complete garbage if it isn't Zelda for some reason.

He doesn't actually give any objective reasoning why things suck, just that they suck.