Anyone playing nioh?

Just beat first real boss. What a fucking pain

I was about to start in a few minutes actually. Played the last two demos and absolutely love the mechanics. They take a while to master though.

Dark Souls with a different skin. Meh.

Stache - I was about to start in a few minutes actually. Played the last two demos and absolutely love the mechanics. They take a while to master though.

Fuck the ki shit where you have to dispel yokai shit or whatever. I just run around spamming the ki button while I attack

JMO_LOL - 
Stache - I was about to start in a few minutes actually. Played the last two demos and absolutely love the mechanics. They take a while to master though.

Fuck the ki shit where you have to dispel yokai shit or whatever. I just run around spamming the ki button while I attack

The ki pulse is really important and a lot of fun once you get used to it. It allows you to regain large amounts of stamina (ki) all at once rather than letting it slowly regenerate over time.

Those yokai realms are like mini battles over ki. When an enemy creates one, it increases his stamina regen and hinders yours so it forces you to dispel the puddle or else you're always out of stamina while he's a raging beast.

Once you figure it out, you can pull off insanely long combos and basically stunlock your opponents. Takes some practice but you'll get it. Then you'll be hooked like me. ;)

Stache -
JMO_LOL - 

The ki pulse is really important and a lot of fun once you get used to it. It allows you to regain large amounts of stamina (ki) all at once rather than letting it slowly regenerate over time.

Those yokai realms are like mini battles over ki. When an enemy creates one, it increases his stamina regen and hinders yours so it forces you to dispel the puddle or else you're always out of stamina while he's a raging beast.

Once you figure it out, you can pull off insanely long combos and basically stunlock your opponents. Takes some practice but you'll get it. Then you'll be hooked like me. ;)

I didn't know ki was stamina I thought it was what makes your living weapon bar fill quicker.............I haven't put 1 level into it because I thought it was that

Yeah ki in this game just means stamina. I'm not sure but it seems like your living weapon meter (the circle) is filled by dealing damage, but it's not directly related to your ki.

Just beat ogress first try and only got hit once. Honestly the game hasn't been that hard ever since I got sloth tailsman

Haven't tried sloth yet. Really slows down their moveset, doesn't it?

Stache - Haven't tried sloth yet. Really slows down their moveset, doesn't it?

Disgustingly OP. Most boss fights since uni bozu just go sloth -> attack/ living weapon -> sloth and by the time the 2nd sloth is up bosses usually have about 25% hp left. Every boss since uni bozu has only taken 3 tries tops

I'm probably just getting lucky cause everything seems to have a lot more hp all of a sudden especially bosses

Speedrunners are one cycling some bosses with it now. Crazy. Makes you wonder if the devs will nerf it.

Stache - Speedrunners are one cycling some bosses with it now. Crazy. Makes you wonder if the devs will nerf it.

Haven't watched any runs yet until I beat the game for spoilers but I assume they have to nerf it. I'm giving all my progress credit to sloth, I doubt I'd be past region 2 or 3 without it. Honestly I can't even beat the tongue guys or raven guys without it but sloth can make me a god