Anyone remember Everquest?

Can't believe it's been 15 years and that shit is still around. Played a ton from 99-02. Anyone else used to be addicted to this shit back in the day?

Check out Everquest Next Phone Post 3.0

yeah I was an Everquest fan.

I actually wanna try Everquest Next if it ever releases.

I played Everquest 2 for maybe 3-4 months. It was great. I started playing it after stopping WoW so I guess I was burnt out on MMOs, which is why I didn't play longer.

The pvp was so much better than in WoW. Killing people and stealing their money was amazing lol. I had an overpowered class I think, I was an assassin or some shit and at lv40 if I could sneak up on them I was able to kill lv55+ spellcasters.

Im def gonna check out Everquest Next when it drops.

I freaking loved EQ. I got in right around the time Ruins of Karnak dropped I think, maybe it was Velius? Those first 15 levels, before Luclin and the Nexus came around, we're so freaking fun. My favorite starting area was Kelethin(?) the Wood/High Elf forest area. Taking on Orc Hill was intense, then once you hit level 5-6 and found a few buddies You'd head to Crushbone and shit got downright crazy. I can't tell you how many times some hapless group trying to camp the throne room would shout Train after the emissary insta-respawned and we'd all have to book it to the zone. SoW was a godsend.

I played Luclin some, but got out of it around that time. I went back and did the trial like 5 years ago and the whole game is now tutorial, power level, end game. All of the awesome content for levels 1-20 are seldom used anymore. Bandits Pass, the Chess Board, That haunted mansion thing. Hell even Lake of Ill Omen was deserted. Really killed the experience so I didn't sign back up.

Teaching my nine year old daughter to play EQ 2. She is having fun with it.

I was forged in the fires of Blackburrow trains

Dude nothing was more satisfying than going back as a high level and cleaning house in Crushbone and the Estate of Unrest or whatever it was called.

Killing DVinn and the the Dwarf Ghost who dropped the boots made you feel bad ass.

Never played the game myself but I remember when I was in college a guy I knew flunked out of school cause of this game lol

Evercrack

I loved EQ. The game was so punishing. Ever since EQ (including EQ2) MMOs were made so easy. In the original everquest if you died you lost XP and could de-level. Not only that but you respawned without any gear and had to go find your corpse to loot all your stuff back. Of course being naked you were very likely to die again before reaching your body. Also there was no indicator where your corpse was so hopefully you know where you died or you were out of luck!

Darup - I loved EQ. The game was so punishing. Ever since EQ (including EQ2) MMOs were made so easy. In the original everquest if you died you lost XP and could de-level. Not only that but you respawned without any gear and had to go find your corpse to loot all your stuff back. Of course being naked you were very likely to die again before reaching your body. Also there was no indicator where your corpse was so hopefully you know where you died or you were out of luck!

Yup. I used to organize 8 man or up pickup raids in Plane of Fear pre-kunark, with a necro (me) pulling while dual boxing THE cleric. Risky to say the least. Often times we'd get a level 46 who didn't heed my warnings about having an adequate buffer and would de-level and couldn't get back in to retrieve their corpse.

Also, necro+locate corpse brah.

So many good times killing shit that was supposedly unkillable without "a proper group" and trolling like a motherfucker.

Lol, corpse runs were brutal. Blackburrow was the worst when someone yells train, you panic, and end up falling in the hole in the center. I have fond memories of running through zones dragging mine or someone elses corpse behind me in a panic.

EQ required a TON of patience, at least in it's old form. Getting from 1-10 unless you were power levelled or tink'd was a struggle that could take a couple days.

We discovered you could take a level 5 mage to the top of blackburrow and shoot a fire bolt all the way to the bottom of the pit. He would then gather all of the gnolls along the way and pretty much wipe out anyone in the zone. We would also charm the grizzly bear in there and give him sow and thorns. Players would walk up and attack the bear and instantly die to the damage shield. Anyone who survived was not able to outrun the sowed bear. We also did this with random mobs int he commons when EC was the place everyone hung out. EQ is even more cruel when you have jerks like myself in it

I still have the parchment paper map framed and hanging in my den. Phone Post 3.0

Pre-Kunark were the best times on Everquest.

Being out in Greater Faydark when Orc Hill had 30-40 people running around it.

Highpass Groups battling for the Camps before the play nice policy.

Sunday Bazaars setup by the players before they made the zone (East Commons Tunnel.)

The walk from Qeynos to Freeport before there were enough Wizards and Druids around to obtain easy teleports (especially going through the Karanas at a low level.)

Everything about that game was great. I was a Senior Guide on Veeshan (that was interesting watching Fires of Heaven do their early raids on Vox and Nagafen,) then I went and helped establish the Guide team for the Luclin server.

Karanas were cake. Just follow the shore. Now getting through Highpass ...sucked Phone Post 3.0

Had a dark elf wizard and monk. Played from Kunark to DoD. Got my 2.5 epic and said "fuck it". Took too damn much time Phone Post 3.0

through Velious was the best time for me.

Anyone play Everquest on ps2? so many wasted hours grinding in that game, I miss it lol Phone Post 3.0

I played it for a very small amount of time. Hated it so I played it only a couple days