Anyone remember the movie “Dutch” with Ed O’Neill?

I used to watch it often as a kid.  

It also had “Preston” from Can’t Hardly Wait.

Written by John Hughes too (The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, etc.)

“You and I are riding in the back seat from now on. Because what that missile twister can teach you, you don't need to learn 'til you're in prison.”

I watched this again the other day. Great movie. I don’t know why Ed didn’t get more films. He was great in this.

I didn’t realize until about a year ago when I saw this for the first time in about 20 years that the kid was Preston Myers.

Hope everything ended up working out with him and Amanda Beckett. 

I qlways liked how he pulled the bb gun out at the end

It's my favorite christmas movie. 

Great movie

invalid - Great movie

yeah! love this movie! watched it with my then teenaged son a few years ago!

edwims - yeah! love this movie! watched it with my then teenaged son a few years ago!

Did you shoot him in the ass with a B.B. gun?

"Im a High Brown Belt"

Loved it. 

Loved it! The scene I always think of first when this movie is mentioned was when he started shooting the Roman candle out of his ass (or was it from the front like it was his dick?). Underrated movie in my opinion.

scubalou83 -

I watched this again the other day. Great movie. I don’t know why Ed didn’t get more films. He was great in this.

I think Ed was so good at playing the Al Bundy character that he got typecast and that limited his ability to land other roles. His cameo in Wayne’s World was really good too.

This movie is why I wear a pinky ring. 

Ed's best role, is in The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Hocky - 
edwims - yeah! love this movie! watched it with my then teenaged son a few years ago!

Did you shoot him in the ass with a B.B. gun?

no, I did that when he was 12

He brained Shooter McGavin 

I got arrested once, and while posing for my mug shots, these two cops were talking about that movie, but they couldn't remember the name of it or who starred in it. I chimed up and said "Dutch with Ed O'Neil." 

Then they had an aha moment and I spent the next eight hours in the drunk tank. 

Watch it whenever it happens to be on. Funny shit