Anyone started back to gym yet?

Gyms here are allowed to open tomorrow with restrictions i.e 25% capacity, facemasks, gloves cover wrists and fingers, 6' distance etc

Interested to see how it works.  Also wonder how true 24 hour gyms that are usually not manned will be handled.

I plan to but not if I have to wear a mask and gloves. Jesus titty fucking christ.

how can you exercise with a facemask on

Wait for a while. No need to be the first guy trying it out. In fact, why not learn how to work out from home. You're going to be in a restrictive environment trying to lift wearing a facemask (and people will be taking them off when no staff is looking. You can't sterilize benches and equipment very well.

Get some 20 and 30lb DB from Amazon and workout at home. Use chairs to do dips and pushups.

FWIW

Ryazzo - how can you exercise with a facemask on

You can't.  I dont think it can be enforced.   More of a suggestion.  It's just time to get back to normal.

1 Like

Been working out at home with dumbbells and going to the outdoor calisthenics park.

Still rather be at the gym.

I don’t see how a gym can be a safe place if everyone literarily touches everything and is breathing heavy 

7 days. Cant fucking wait.

Having said that, I use a 24 hour and go 9.30pm or onwards. Never more than 20 people in the gym then.

The Pendulum -

Having said that, I use a 24 hour and go 9.30pm or onwards. Never more than 20 people in the gym then.

Only thing is with the true 24 hour gyms, i.e anytime fitness, they may have restrictive hours where limiting people to only during manned hours from like 8am to 9pm or some such.  That is only way they can enforce 25% capacity.

I believe some gyms are doing appointments and limiting time in.

Stea1th - 

I don’t see how a gym can be a safe place if everyone literarily touches everything and is breathing heavy 

I’ll take my chances… when they reopen here, which could be looooong

During so called “flu season” I’ve never gotten sick and the gym must be the place with more hands having touched when I’m using than anything else.

Paranoia. Yeah there’d be a level of fear, but not paralyzing fear. It sucks for my mom, aunts and uncles, etc. For me and my kids? Not that worrisome, sorry. Look at stats and WHO suffered/died from it.

cant wait to get back asap

day 1 

1 Like

face masks and gloves in the gym hahahahah

Los Angeles hopes to open gyms by 2022. One in one out policy…masks required…

2 Likes

My gym opened for a single day a couple weeks ago and then the gubment shut them down.  Had to wear a mask.  It was shitty doing cardio with a mask but I used a buff that was thin as shit so that helped a lot.  7 more days until they can open again.  I am sure it will be with the same mask requirement.

jcblass - Los Angeles hopes to open gyms by 2022. One in one out policy...masks required...

Link

I can’t wait until gyms open. Then people can get off the fucking trails. 

WidespreadPanic -

Wait for a while. No need to be the first guy trying it out. In fact, why not learn how to work out from home. You're going to be in a restrictive environment trying to lift wearing a facemask (and people will be taking them off when no staff is looking. You can't sterilize benches and equipment very well.

Get some 20 and 30lb DB from Amazon and workout at home. Use chairs to do dips and pushups.

FWIW

Screenname checks out 

Festus -
The Pendulum -

Only thing is with the true 24 hour gyms, i.e anytime fitness, they may have restrictive hours where limiting people to only during manned hours from like 8am to 9pm or some such.  That is only way they can enforce 25% capacity.

I believe some gyms are doing appointments and limiting time in.

Indeed. The gym I go to is on restricted hours with a requirement to book floor space, and you get an hour.

Next week it's back to normal. I am in NZ though, not the states.

Do people not realize that all of those precautions are meaningless? Mortality rate for under 50 years old is less than 0.1%. Time to grow up. 

1 Like

I am  back to training MA.  I finally been converted to the idea of the herd immunity, also we've only had 1100 cases in my county and about 30 deaths so I think I'm okay.  I'm also not fat so I won't die from it