Anyone submitted from crossed leg lock -rear mount

personally, i likr using the body triangle in no gi. I dont use it all the time but if im tired ill lock it on rest a bit. mainly because im getting old and out of shape.

I used to get people all the time with that

haha my old trainer is a savage in that video...chokes the guy out @ the 3:55 mark...Those old BAMA fights were awesome

Holy Fuck, Bamma Fights. Dan's old organization. Man that brings back memories.

Lol, that's Chris jogging around before his fight. That is one tough dude.

Indian Death Lock

Check 9:30 of the above video.

Dude won the 2009 PanAms at Leve Brown Belt. He was is big trouble in the finals till winning by footlock with his back taken. I was there and just always remember his celebration.

I got caught once with my feet crossed early on in BJJ....sucks.

Never really did body triangles for the most part.......did it once.....the other guy did the counter and I thought my achilles tendon was gonna burst.  I don't do body triangles because of that.

This is for the body triangle.  I've had someone try to pull this on me but it didn't hurt.  Maybe he was doing it wrong.

Yeah, that counter sucks for the guy that its getting applied to.

I've hit it four times in competition. One time 1999, two times in 2000, once in 2004 or 05. The video is 2000 and two other NAGA grappling tournaments advanced divisions were the in 1999 and 2000. The last one was a Grapplers Quest advanced. 

Renzo Gracie inadvertently taught me this move. I was in the July 25th 1998 BAMA 8-man superheavy weight shootfighting tournament. My first of three matches was against a guy being cornered by Renzo. I landed a few good strikes, then a weird duck under trip that gave me the back at about a minute into the match. I got the back and started working for the choke ... with my legs crossed. It felt like great control. Nobody ever told me it was bad. Renzo in a stage whisper said "He's crossing his legs, He's crossing his legs!" I uncrossed my ankles (quick and scared) and took more traditional hooks as a finished a jaw lock/ neck crank. Later that night I asked Renzo why it was bad to cross my ankles. He said "One day ... someone will show you, my friend" and was laughing as he walked away.

During the next week of training it was Rick Sikora and/or Bill Carter that showed me that technique and one or two over the shoulder armbars. I was impressed on how powerful it was. I worked setups on the crossed legs and found out how to cross someone's ankles for them if they were focused on neck finishes.

Like a lot of subs this one suffers from trying to force it when it is not there. I look for a few of these things:

www.TEAMENDGAME.com

My opponent using traditional hooks at two different levels on my thighs,

Momentary safety from the chokes, jaw locks, neck cranks and the back mount armbar.

Distraction when I bridge and attempting to spin to face my opponent.

Not getting bellied down or rear body triangled with an arm in the legs!!!!!!!!

A switch to the shin pin ankle lock.

This a great ego satisfying thread ... thanks to all involved.

www.Teamendgame.com

Mixed Martial Arts and Combat Sports Training

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 

1 Dell Glen Ave, Lodi, NJ 07644

He said "One day ... someone will show you, my friend" and was laughing as he walked away.

Dude that is so classic, especially from Renzo. Great stuff man!!!

Hey Eddy..if you check back on this thread...i have a quick question jim genia said you have a bunch of old Bama fight night tapes...I'm looking for Bama Fight Night: Tournament of Champions 1999 from March 20, 1999. if you do i would pay if you could get a copy of it to...or let me copy yours...let me know if we could work something out

I'll check my VHS archives hopefully sooner than the almost 9 months it took me to recheck this thread.

www.teamendgame.com

If you were foolish enough to get caught in the ankles crossed sub, it is still easy to stop. All you have to do is push your opponents back and head away from you and he won't be able to extend his hips and make you tap. Very simple.

I have tapped to a body triangle before.