Anyone think Bellator can make a run at UFC

UFC seems to be reeling, they dont have any star power anymore, a bunch of small fighters, and they are oversaturated beyond belief.

If bellator can hype it up with spike an do an event once a month, I think they have a good chance of outdoing the UFC.

I don't think they will be able to compete with the UFC as the number one MMA promotion. I do think they could be another Strikeforce, which is all I really want. Phone Post 3.0

no

Mma lacks star power not just ufc Phone Post 3.0

I think you are delusional at best.

I don't think any MMA promotion will beat UFC in North America. If UFC doesn't have star power anymore than what does Bellator have? The promo for the next Bellator card spends as much time promoting Tito and Rampage than the rest and they're not even on the card.

I do hope they do well and sit comfortably as the number 2 promotion. But I don't like how they seem to be releasing a lot of their home grown talent to make room for guys with only name value.

Honestly yes, it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow but if the ufc keeps following the trend they have been then i dont find it impossible to believe that a good amount of hardcores picking a fun bmma event over a watered down ufc event on their own oversaturated market... sometimes i get tired of the ufc.. not mma persay but watching bellator is a good way to get some new fresh mma in.. i dont think that bmma could be the number 1 org but what they could do is become a legit and threatening number 2. if they play their cards right they could keep the ufc on their toes whenever the ufc even thinks about lowballing a fighter... competition will only help the fighters.

In time, Bellator or someone like Bellator could make a run. I'm not sure they could ever supplant the UFC, but we could see a Strikeforce type of situation, but probably not a PRIDE. But it would need to start with something like Georges St. Pierre coming back to MMA, but under the Bellator banner. Something of that magnitude would certainly send a buzz through the MMA community, and might attract up and coming talent as well as existing talent to challenge GSP. Ultimately, the UFC would still be seen as the better org, but not the dominant org that is was prior.

The majority of people think the sport is called ultimate fighting and even if they know nothing they recognize UFC. Meanwhile they have no clue what a Bellator is. That kind of brand dominance is not going to be challenges by shows on Spike who's biggest names are recognized as ex UFC fighters. We're not even talking about the huge advantage in budget, marketing and perception by fighters who all see the ultimate goal as fighting in the UFC.

That's like thinking your local food truck is going to challenge McDonalds. Phone Post 3.0

crowbar -

Holy Hell; that was Funny.!

Excellent reference to an Amazing movie;
Airplane...

VTFU...!!! Phone Post 3.0

kyleburkle - 

UFC seems to be reeling, they dont have any star power anymore, a bunch of small fighters, and they are oversaturated beyond belief.

If bellator can hype it up with spike an do an event once a month, I think they have a good chance of outdoing the UFC.

You are factually incorrect.

JoeHurley - The majority of people think the sport is called ultimate fighting and even if they know nothing they recognize UFC. Meanwhile they have no clue what a Bellator is. That kind of brand dominance is not going to be challenges by shows on Spike who's biggest names are recognized as ex UFC fighters. We're not even talking about the huge advantage in budget, marketing and perception by fighters who all see the ultimate goal as fighting in the UFC.

That's like thinking your local food truck is going to challenge McDonalds. Phone Post 3.0
The last sentence is both Epic and Correct...!!! Phone Post 3.0

No. Op is confused.

UFC won't be over-saturated even with two events every single week, frenz. Over saturated would mean there is no more market to grow, such as McDonald's is facing vs. Burger King's gangbusters growth. UFC has so many markets to grow into it's just such a joke the 'over-saturation' thing is so common when discussing UFC as a business.

They would need to do something crazy to get peoples attention like drop the cage and have a ring.

Or put a fucking alligator infested moat around it. Phone Post 3.0

"Star Power", goes where the money is.

And MMA ain't where the money is unfortunately. So we have a problem, either the Fertitta's relax on the greed thing and up fighter pay. Or their own greed could end up being their downfall.

Interesting times.

I'm sure they will be just as successful as the #2 organizations for basketball, football, hockey, baseball, stock car racing, and pro-wrestling.

I'd like them to co exist without the drama. Let every fighter earn a healthy living.

Yeeaahhh...NO! Phone Post 3.0