Anyone train in Jacksonville, FL?

Gonna be there for the weekend and thinking of trying to get a class in if the timing is right.

I see there are a couple of schools (BTT, The Garage) that have Saturday open mats. Anybody here train there and know if it's gi/no-gi, whether visitors are welcome, etc? Or know any other options.

The fact that I'm staying in a hotel like 20 miles outside the city could be a bit of an impediment.

Check out Btt Jax. Marcello is awesome.

I just moved there (here). What side of town is your hotel on and what days do you want to train? Phone Post 3.0

The hotel is all the way in Ponte Vedra Beach. I would have to train Saturday morning or early afternoon. No-gi would be strongly preferable since I can't pack a gi.

Roberto Traven affiliate there Phone Post 3.0

TC- my buds own and teach at the Garage- they are very good brown belts and super guys.

They are a relatively new school, so I'm pretty sure the students are lower belts, but you will have a great time!

Ponte vedra beach, Phil cardela is fairly close, Luiz palhares is where I train. It has a good vibe Phone Post 3.0

Phil Cardella runs the Relson Gracie Academy in St. Augustine. He's a super nice guy. PM me if you want to touch base with him.

Also, there is a GB team in Jax. I don't know who runs it, but Tammy stopped there on her recent road trip. I can ask her if you like. :)

kying418 - TC- my buds own and teach at the Garage- they are very good brown belts and super guys.

They are a relatively new school, so I'm pretty sure the students are lower belts, but you will have a great time!

I would love to go there (as it's a no-gi school) but I looked on a map and it's REALLY far from my hotel. I'm not even sure if I'll have access to a car. St. Augustine also seems really far.

I have to contact the BTT affiliate, they seem like the best bet. Although, the closest place actually seems to be "Ludus Martial Arts" which is some kind of MMA school. Anyone been there?

The Training Yard (now known as Atlantic Beach Combat Club) is about 15 minutes from PVB. Saturday is open mat from 11-12:30. The first 45 minutes is listed as GI but you will find plenty of people that will do NoGi.

18 W 3rd St, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
(904) 525-0197
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlantic-Beach-Combat-Club/701855973265105