Anyone try ayahuasca (iowaska)?

I'm planning on doing it in Peru next year.
Been reading a lot about it, absolutely fascinating.
Found a week long retreat for about $600 and the profit goes back into helping the rainforest, includes the proper diet and 4 ceremonies with a Peruvian shaman.
I think it's something everyone should do at least one in their lifetime. Phone Post

BatmanTookMyLunchMoney - 
Timothyk - I have about 100 times or so, what would you like to know?

You make it yourself or buy it?

Favorite way to consume it?

Most revealing expereince?

Are the aliens real?

How the fuck are shared trips possible? Phone Post

"You make it yourself or buy it?"
https://eternityinabox.com/

"Favorite way to consume it?"
Well the most comfortable I have found is(though this is not necessarily the best for ones growth)
3gm syrian rue+3-5gm ACRB+1 tbs vinegar+1 gallon distilled water, boil until half way reduced, add an egg white, boil for a few minutes, take off heat, remove egg white, boil, reduce to about 2oz and remove from heat, it will reduce a little more while it cools.
Concentrated to about 1.5oz, then add 1/2oz lemonade, and a squirt of mio.

"Most revealing experience?"
My first experience I was shown my spirit animal. This has led me to a greater understanding of myself than anyone could imagine.

"Are the aliens real?"
I think the word alien would imply they are not from here, but yes.

"How the fuck are shared trips possible?"
Because we are all a part of a single consciousnesses.

SearchingTudor - 
Timothyk - 
NeoSpartan - 
Timothyk - 
Sgt 606 - 
Wow. Do you ever think you shouldn't have done it 100 times? Phone Post 3.0

I have no regrets. I think everyone should do it at least once.

Whoa seriously? 100!?!?!

In what form?

Ever have DMT straight from an IV Drip?

Why so many times?

What kept you doing it?

What have you learned?

How has it affected your everyday life?

"Whoa seriously? 100!?!?! In what form?"
It is a conservative estimate. Though not every time has been traditional Aya. Sometimes it is Mimosa and syrian rue, sometimes Acacia and Syrian rue. I drink Fungihuasca, Aya+mushrooms, one of my personal faves. San Paapi, San Pedro and Aya. Oilhuasca, a combination of legal plant essential oils that causes a very euphoric mescaline type experience. I am brewing a Aya+syrian rue+Chaliponga+Acacia for tonight.

"Ever have DMT straight from an IV Drip?"
Never an IV, though I am not sure I would like it as much as vaping it. You know it is going to end at some point if you are overwhelmed.

"Why so many times?"
Because there was never a point where it stopped teaching me.

"What kept you doing it?"
I am part Blackfoot/Lakota and I feel it helps me keep in touch with my shamanic heritage.

"What have you learned?"
I don't want to give anything away, as everything you learn on your journey will be the same as I learn, it will just happen in a different manner. There are a thousand paths up the mountain, but the top has the same view no matter which way you took.
Empathy. Oneness. Most times you think you are giving, but you are really just taking away. Those that are hardest to love need it most.

"How has it affected your everyday life?"
I am honest, affectionate, I no longer have any kind of fear, I do not hurt unnecessarily. I can spot a lie a million miles away, and I can read people in ways I should be able to. I no longer care for peoples feelings as much as I care about their growth, which sometimes makes life hard for people I am close to. The only thing I don't like about myself as much these days is how angered I get by personal weakness, as I should probably have a little more mercy on the weak, but I am like "goddamn it, how many life times will it take for you fuckers to face the real problems?"

I suggest that all persons research it for themselves.

You have MMA Male.

you do too.

I bought some in Peru in a market, I took it in a hotel room by myself. Maybe not ideal but I enjoyed it, although I got very cold without caring and I was sick for a while after. I ended up drinking the rest at the departure lounge of the airport when I realised I couldn't take it out if the country. I got a window seat on the plane looking out over the ocean as the sun was setting, again no shaman or whatever but a great experience. Phone Post 3.0

rbl - I bought some in Peru in a market, I took it in a hotel room by myself. Maybe not ideal but I enjoyed it, although I got very cold without caring and I was sick for a while after. I ended up drinking the rest at the departure lounge of the airport when I realised I couldn't take it out if the country. I got a window seat on the plane looking out over the ocean as the sun was setting, again no shaman or whatever but a great experience. Phone Post 3.0

Ballsy. I like it. A shaman should be focused on growth, not dogma, if you take it, it is ideal.

Sub Phone Post

Timothyk - 
SearchingTudor - 
Timothyk - 
NeoSpartan - 
Timothyk - 
Sgt 606 - 
Wow. Do you ever think you shouldn't have done it 100 times? Phone Post 3.0

I have no regrets. I think everyone should do it at least once.

Whoa seriously? 100!?!?!

In what form?

Ever have DMT straight from an IV Drip?

Why so many times?

What kept you doing it?

What have you learned?

How has it affected your everyday life?

"Whoa seriously? 100!?!?! In what form?"
It is a conservative estimate. Though not every time has been traditional Aya. Sometimes it is Mimosa and syrian rue, sometimes Acacia and Syrian rue. I drink Fungihuasca, Aya+mushrooms, one of my personal faves. San Paapi, San Pedro and Aya. Oilhuasca, a combination of legal plant essential oils that causes a very euphoric mescaline type experience. I am brewing a Aya+syrian rue+Chaliponga+Acacia for tonight.

"Ever have DMT straight from an IV Drip?"
Never an IV, though I am not sure I would like it as much as vaping it. You know it is going to end at some point if you are overwhelmed.

"Why so many times?"
Because there was never a point where it stopped teaching me.

"What kept you doing it?"
I am part Blackfoot/Lakota and I feel it helps me keep in touch with my shamanic heritage.

"What have you learned?"
I don't want to give anything away, as everything you learn on your journey will be the same as I learn, it will just happen in a different manner. There are a thousand paths up the mountain, but the top has the same view no matter which way you took.
Empathy. Oneness. Most times you think you are giving, but you are really just taking away. Those that are hardest to love need it most.

"How has it affected your everyday life?"
I am honest, affectionate, I no longer have any kind of fear, I do not hurt unnecessarily. I can spot a lie a million miles away, and I can read people in ways I should be able to. I no longer care for peoples feelings as much as I care about their growth, which sometimes makes life hard for people I am close to. The only thing I don't like about myself as much these days is how angered I get by personal weakness, as I should probably have a little more mercy on the weak, but I am like "goddamn it, how many life times will it take for you fuckers to face the real problems?"

I suggest that all persons research it for themselves.

You have MMA Male.

you do too.

dam at first i thought u were bullshitting but thats alota detail to bs.

thanks for the input!

Very interesting thread

zebedee - 

I'm planning on doing it in Peru next year.
Been reading a lot about it, absolutely fascinating.
Found a week long retreat for about $600 and the profit goes back into helping the rainforest, includes the proper diet and 4 ceremonies with a Peruvian shaman.
I think it's something everyone should do at least one in their lifetime. Phone Post

please update us on your experience.

i have too many trips planned to go to peru next yr but its def on my bucket list. the more i read about iowaska the more certain i am about adding it to my peru trip

Timothyk doesn't fuck around Phone Post 3.0

Is this like shrooms?
That stuff freaks me the fuck out, everyone I've ever done it with is having great times and I'm in fucking bat country. Phone Post

In Phone Post

I ordered the bark online and made it myself. The brew tasted like the devil was vomiting into my mouth, and within five minutes I was throwing up and continued to do so off and on for the next hour or two. My friend managed to choke down more of the stuff and tripped out for much longer. I curled into a ball and watched closed-eye visuals similar to a mild dose of mushrooms.

The lesson I took away from it is that this is not really for amateurs, and would best be done in the presence of a shaman, someplace where there is a tradition surrounding it. Our culture in the US is pretty fucked, and there's no real frame of reference to support the taking of ayahuasca. I'm also saving money for a retreat in Peru.

DamnJoe - I ordered the bark online and made it myself. The brew tasted like the devil was vomiting into my mouth, and within five minutes I was throwing up and continued to do so off and on for the next hour or two. My friend managed to choke down more of the stuff and tripped out for much longer. I curled into a ball and watched closed-eye visuals similar to a mild dose of mushrooms.

The lesson I took away from it is that this is not really for amateurs, and would best be done in the presence of a shaman, someplace where there is a tradition surrounding it. Our culture in the US is pretty fucked, and there's no real frame of reference to support the taking of ayahuasca. I'm also saving money for a retreat in Peru.

These things definitely aren't for amateurs or the misguided. But through my experience with mushrooms there is no real ideal "set and setting" it's always within yourself.. It doesn't matter what walls surround you, if any, the organism will find it's way to open your mind to the truths that it sees.

I have done Ibogaine and it was amazing and horrifying at the same time. I saw the future and I saw demons.

this is something ive been very interested in of late,I've read you can find ceremonies in the US, i feel mother ayahuasca is calling to me. or maybe im hearing voices to saying whittle gold .

To the OP and anyone else considering it I'd ask if you've done psychedelics such as acid before and how you reacted to it DMT is no joke. I think smoking is the way to go before going on a full trip Phone Post 3.0

great thread

the venerable dr wu - To the OP and anyone else considering it I'd ask if you've done psychedelics such as acid before and how you reacted to it DMT is no joke. I think smoking is the way to go before going on a full trip Phone Post 3.0

That's my opinion too. The MAOI with the traditional ayuhuaska makes the effect last longer, so if things go south you're in the shit for the long haul.

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - I have done Ibogaine and it was amazing and horrifying at the same time. I saw the future and I saw demons.

What country were you in?