Anyone use Melatonin to sleep?

ive tried melatonin, even half a pill works

Tried the dissolve under your tongue stuff, didn't do anything for me.

When using sleep aids, I alternate between them. ZMA, melatonin, 5HTP, L-Tryptophan and the king of them all for me, Z12 by Biotest. As for melatonin, 3mg is enough! Time released is better if you can find it.

esque - 
Harold_Howard - Tried the dissolve under your tongue stuff, didn't do anything for me.

Two possibilities:

1. You're lying.
2. You took a fake pill. Phone Post

None of the above, I tried many brands.

Works great. Use it when my schedule gets out of whack due to work, or when I travel.

Induces a natural sleepiness, followed by restful sleep and vivid dreams. The best part about melatonin for me is when I wake up, I feel totally refreshed. For a while, I would wake up from sleeping and still feel tired. But melatonin gives me that feeling like I used to have as a kid, waking up full of energy.

guys, excessive use of melatonin increases eye pressure.

over time this will increase your chances of glaucoma, retinal damage/detachment, and macular degeneration.

try different ways to get to sleep.

Melatonin isn't a super-strong sedative. It will get you to sleep, but for me I don't feel it until I'm in bed in the dark.

I used to take it every night, now I've started taking a valerian pill instead and save melatonin for when I really need it. Phone Post 3.0

Mookie 3:16 -

Sometimes when I try to sleep I can't rest my mind.  Does melatonin help with lack of sleep due to stress/anxiety?  Does it relax your mind?

This is why I take it Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

jdindiana - 

Sometimes when I try to sleep I can't rest my mind.  Does melatonin help with lack of sleep due to stress/anxiety?  Does it relax your mind?

and it helps?

Dr Oz did a show about it.
Most doses are way too high. Most people don't even need it.
I tried it, but made me feel hung over (in addition to waking up at 4am). Phone Post 3.0

I have no problems sleeping.  I'm the type who lies down and is asleep within 3 minutes, but could I still get benefit from Melatonin? my sleep is pretty good ad I'm always refreshed when I wake, but if I could get extra benefit, that'd be cool.

If you get the subliminal type a gnc, 3 1mg tablets dissolved under you tongue will probably put you out in 15-20 minutes.

It's a hormone so swallowing it doesn't give you very good absorption.

Been taking about 2.5 about an hour before bed for almost three years. It's a huge help in getting to sleep (as is getting away from all glowing screens at least an hour before bed). Phone Post 3.0

jdindiana - 

and it helps?

Yes. I do feel a little tired the next day, but not as bad as a sleepless night bc of some dumb shit at work Phone Post 3.0

I have been taking a unisom a night for years. Otherwise I just can't sleep. Smoking weed helped better than the unisom but that isn't an option for now. I take one about an hour before bed and usually get a solid seven to eight hours. I should probably try something more natural because I have become pretty dependent on the unisom. Phone Post 3.0