Anyone using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro?

I know it doesn't ship to the US but is available here in Canada so I was wondering if anyone on here has one and how they feel about it. 

I've been on the samsung cycle for a while with the S4, S6, and now the S8. It's time for a renew again so I was going to go with the S10 but usually I sell my old phones for over the price it costs for a upgrade. My phones are usually mint after my 2 years but my S8 has cracked front and rear glass and some screen burn in so I won't be able to get close to the $300 price tag of the S10 and I'm not one that cares about it enough to dish money out of pocket for it. 

This got me looking and I found the Mate 20 Pro to get stellar reviews and it just so happens they offer it for $0 through my carrier at the moment. I never heard of Huawei other then some political stuff in the news.

Anyway it's kind of late because I already ordered it but hope I'm not making a mistake by jumping ships. Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad stuff to say about it from personal experience.

no because fuck china

We’re getting these Chinese spy phones at work in the next couple months. My boss told me I’m not supposed to call them Chinese spy phones.

King Trav -

We’re getting these Chinese spy phones at work in the next couple months. My boss told me I’m not supposed to call them Chinese spy phones.

At least when the phone is close enough for the microphone to pick you up

Any truth that the Chinese are spying through cell phones?

Ya to be honest I don't really care about that stuff. China, Korea, Japan, etc all of our electronics come from some place like that. If they want to spy on me taking a shit or whatever so be it. I have enough stuff in my house that if someone wanted to know something about me they could find out pretty quick. 

More so looking at overall performance, is it updated as much as Samsung, build quality, weird bugs, etc. 

OP is laziest Chinese spy ever....

I don’t think it’s the phones themselves that are the big worry. My understanding is the spying fears come from huawei’s involvement in wireless technologies  like 5g. 

Its a giant chinese tech company, so you have to beleive that the communist government will have some sort of involvement. I don’t think the Chinese would let a foreign tech company be involved in their wireless  infrastructure. Maybe I’m wrong, but from my reading it’s pretty 1984 over there. 

King Trav -

I don’t think it’s the phones themselves that are the big worry. My understanding is the spying fears come from huawei’s involvement in wireless technologies  like 5g. 

Its a giant chinese tech company, so you have to beleive that the communist government will have some sort of involvement. I don’t think the Chinese would let a foreign tech company be involved in their wireless  infrastructure. Maybe I’m wrong, but from my reading it’s pretty 1984 over there. 

From the brief articles I've read on the matter this seems to be the case. It seems Huawei has their hands in a lot of things and I know Canada is thinking of not allowing their 5G technology here which seems like it would have some big implications on our networks. 

Not so sure that has anything to do with how good or trusted their phones are.