Anyone wanna do Sober January with me?

215 when I went sober. 165 w shitty abs now. Can’t compare to my homeboy Elliot page, but at least my hog is not malleable.

5 Likes

Good point, I’m 202 now - will report back with my 170 5% body fat in a couple weeks…

2 Likes

My first test will be Saturday. See, I am a single dad. My son only sees his mom on breaks from school and the occasional weekend during the school year. On these weekends I tend to go out and go pretty hard. She will have him this weekend, and while I have this burning urge to hit the bars, I will honor my commitment to sober January that I made in this thread and not go out. I seriously have no idea what I am going to do with myself.

4 Likes

Sober or wasted…

1 Like

Still dry here. Had a few moments over the past week where I definitely wanted a drink, but pounded club soda with lime until I burped so much the feeling passed.

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

And good luck Saturday, phuckles, stay strong. I passed a couple tests already: a big cooking session, as I love to drink while I cook; and my in-laws spent a couple days with us this week. Tonight my wife and I have our monthly virtual happy hour with a group of friends dispersed around the country. That will be another test.

Yo phucker! Make some fun plans that don’t include drinking asap. Itll make the weekend easier on ya pal.

1 Like

Still rocking and rolling here. Going on two weeks in and feeling better, sleeping better, actually eating better.

Decided that I’m going back to jiu jitsu next week as well.

3 Likes

Do It Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Good job WaltJ. I’m hanging in there as well and watching my diet. Down to 206lbs.

Hit lowest weight ever, 164. Son has first fight tonight, needed 161, he got it no problem. I wanted to be in ballpark w him. Lightest I’ve been since maybe 9th grade. Feel fucking stellar physically.

Was such a bag of physical shit before going dry. Was 215 fat, ugly, scars everywhere. Now I’m 16fucking4 skinny, ugly, scars everywhere. Wonderful malleable penis to boot. In a wonderful mood, dry but smiling ear to ear.

Wish us luck, cucks! Enjoy the day all, 1/2 way through Jan.

4 Likes

Pics

I love wrestling season for my kids. The whole family does weight management together. Ha.

We were talking about going somewhere with beaches after my daughter’s wrestling season is over to show off how buff we will be.

2 Likes

Made it 4 days this week. Somehow managed to drink moderately last night hanging with mrs leg. This thread has helped my motivation to cut back significantly. Record number of sober days/eves here the past two weeks for me in years. Thanks for sharing your stories. Going to continue to go strong.

2 Likes

Best of luck, brother. I think it’s awesome that you’re supporting your son like that and at the same time are bettering your own situation. You’re probably still ugly, and I can’t help you with that, but congrats on everything else!

1 Like

Damn. 215 to 164 is a big drop choadler. Well done.

I wrestled at between 142 - 154 in high school. Post-college BJJ and Judo I’d walk around at 185-190 and cut down to 170s to compete. The only time I’ve been below 170 as an adult was at age 27 after a 10 day hospital stay where I’d had some organs and colon removed. Walked out of the hospital at 150lb. Looked like a concentration camp survivor.

Now my goal at age 47 is to get down to 185, see how I feel and if I can maintain between 185-190ish.

And I’ve got some lovely scars too.

1 Like

And good luck to your son. Hope he kicks a$$.

2 Likes

I’m also just now noticing the irony of being on a sober thread with a bottle of bourbon as an avatar.

1 Like

Changed

1 Like

still going strong

2 Likes