Anyone wear a Shoulder Holster Daily?

Any tips? I just bought one for an all-steel CZ Shadow 2. Absolutely love the gun but it’s heavier than Biden’s memory loss. Also, I’ve never carried a gun of that size and I’ve never carried a shoulder rig before. 

Tips please, if you got em’. Thanks!

3 Likes

I only wear one at home.  So I can wear pajama pants and hoodie and have my gun with me.  What I’ve learned is to prioritize comfort, which is mostly about fit.  Don’t worry about how fast you can present your gun.  Just make sure it’s comfortable enough that you’ll have it with you if someone kicks in your door.  Also, having some mags on the other side really helps balance things out so it doesn’t pull to one side.  

1 Like

Get a different gun to carry. Your CZ is great for home defense, but as you have discovered, less so for carrying. A shoulder holster isn’t going to change that, and it is likely that everyone will know that Pastor J is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!

Always thought they looked cool, but no...

it’s too much. 

im not a fan of carrying a large pistol oncealed.

I’ve only shouldered hunting and a few other times under a jacket. I guess if you wore a suit / blazer everyday you could pull it off with a sub compact or a small revolver. Full size rigs...they’re not light, you def know it’s there 

I have a Glock 47. I can't find a place that carries a shoulder holster for it. If you're aware of one, let me know por favor. 

It would be so friggin comfortable to fly with a shoulder holster 

![](upload://rnFxN1OnLcwLcN5KgNAfo16A97i.jpeg)

Decent option instead of a shoulder holster.  Doesn't look too tactical.  Room for flashlight, multi tool, small first aid kit, extra mag

nottheface -

I only wear one at home.  So I can wear pajama pants and hoodie and have my gun with me.  What I’ve learned is to prioritize comfort, which is mostly about fit.  Don’t worry about how fast you can present your gun.  Just make sure it’s comfortable enough that you’ll have it with you if someone kicks in your door.  Also, having some mags on the other side really helps balance things out so it doesn’t pull to one side.  

Where do you live? Chicago? Dc? I’d invest in moving before I decided I needed to wear a gun around my house

4 Likes

Had one on a deployment. Seemed to make sense while on the FOB. Hated it. Actually strained my shoulders over the course of the day. Used it for about a month, and went back to a tactical holster.

I currently carry a CZ-75B in SOB with a couple different holsters depending on clothes.

Jason -
nottheface -

Where do you live? Chicago? Dc? I’d invest in moving before I decided I needed to wear a gun around my house

My neighborhood is fine.  But the idea that of the need came up I could sprint from wherever I am to my bedroom with the gun safe is kind of far fetched.  And those that advocate just wearing your gun on your belt until bed time don’t seem to understand how comfortable pajama or lounge pants really are.  

I also think shoulder holsters are decent options for when you don’t have a belt.  Like if I’m going for a walk around the neighborhood in gym clothes.  

Funny seeing this thread

All day on Facebook I've had ads for shoulder hosters pop up

I gave it a try when I first started carrying concealed. It seemed like a way to carry a bigger gun in the colder months. It looks kinda cool and it's pretty comfortable if you get the right rig, but it's also impractical. If you want to stay concealed, you obviously have to never take your coat off. Plus, the muzzle of your gun is constantly sweeping everyone behind you, and when drawing, there's a good chance you'll muzzle sweep your opposite arm. 

I feel like shoulder holsters are more like a TV detective thing. 

1 Like

Uh; this is weird. I’m an unapologetic “gun guy”, but you chilling with your shoulder holster over your damn pajamas?? What kind of self respecting man under 95 even owns pajamas??

Anyway, unless your neighborhood is covered in lock picking ninjas that run like Usain Bolt, I think it’s ok to skip the shoulder holster. 

2 Likes

I shoulder carry but I do it gangster style without a holster.

yep. I carry a Bren 10MM. I aslo live in a sailboat and have a pet alligator named Elvis. 

get a big thick leather rig have mags and handcuffs on the other side. 

Piyo -

Uh; this is weird. I’m an unapologetic “gun guy”, but you chilling with your shoulder holster over your damn pajamas?? What kind of self respecting man under 95 even owns pajamas??

Anyway, unless your neighborhood is covered in lock picking ninjas that run like Usain Bolt, I think it’s ok to skip the shoulder holster. 

I find it a more practical solution than the guys who have 10 guns stored in strategic locations throughout their house.  

All that I can tell you is that when I was badged we had to be able to qualify with whatever our previous score was in order to be allowed to shoulder carry. We wore them during the winter if we were doing snowmobile or other backcountry patrol. Thought process being that in order to be properly geared up for colorado winter in the backcountry your weapon would basically be buried. So shoulder rig outside of All your layers. Which is a completely different motion to draw and present. You've spent 10,000 hours doing something perfectly, exactly the same way every time, in order to create a something beyond the concious plane that is automatic and secondary.

That's what you'll do when shit goes sideways.... Down, break, forward, pull, present.... Except the gun isn't there. And while you're thinking "oh yeah..." the bad guy has put two down.

Doesn't matter how well you shoot if you can't get it up and ready before the other guy does.

These days I run a chest rig. Never looking back.

Jason -
nottheface -

A shoulder holster could have saved you alot of hassle that one time :)