Anyone work for UPS?

I got a couple of questions about their tuition reimbursement if you work for them. I heard they pay up to $25,000 for school if you work for them even part time. True? Phone Post 3.0

They delivered a package for me once. Hope that helps! Phone Post 3.0

Yes but you are going to have to work for a year before you get any of theses benefits. Phone Post 3.0

sleepy_Man2323 - Yes but you are going to have to work for a year before you get any of theses benefits. Phone Post 3.0
Does it really take 8 years to be brought on full time ? Phone Post 3.0

for any delivery company, you have to pay your dues. They are seniority based and you start out as the scum of the earth to them.

Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
sleepy_Man2323 - Yes but you are going to have to work for a year before you get any of theses benefits. Phone Post 3.0
I believe is 6 years. Ups pays like 9 bucks a hour or something don't remember. Fed ex is the same only they 11.66 and 12.66 for over night. Phone Post 3.0

I worked part time at the worldport hub in Louisville for 4 years and they paid for my college classes and had great health insurance. I only recommend working at ups if your serious about college and I was not. However alot of hot girls straight out of high school worked there too. Fun easy place to work but pay is not that great. Phone Post 3.0

It's tough if you're looking to make a career out of it. Phone Post 3.0

The amount of time it takes to drive full time depends on how many drivers retire while you are there. I worked for 2 years before I started driving part time for a nightly air pickup, then another year before I was driving full time to cover vacations. I happened to hire in when a bunch of old dudes retired. Be willing to take the shitty shifts (Saturday air delivery). I moved ahead of a handful of guys because they didn't want to give up their Saturdays.

Holiday delivery help is being hired and trained right now. If you know a driver you should offer bj's for a reference.

McDrats - I worked part time at the worldport hub in Louisville for 4 years and they paid for my college classes and had great health insurance. I only recommend working at ups if your serious about college and I was not. However alot of hot girls straight out of high school worked there too. Fun easy place to work but pay is not that great. Phone Post 3.0
When did they start paying for college and how much? Phone Post 3.0

sleepy_Man2323 - 
Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
I believe is 6 years. Ups pays like 9 bucks a hour or something don't remember. Fed ex is the same only they 11.66 and 12.66 for over night. Phone Post 3.0

Timing is everything, right now UPS is in a huge growth cycle. We have guys coming into the full time ranks with less than a year in the hub. Generally it takes 5+ years part time in order to get the opportunity to go full time package car driver. Full time management is another story as they'll grab part time hub guys quickly before they wise up and realize what they've gotten themselves into.

FedEx is contracted work for the most part, the employees who are actual company guys aren't union and pay a ton for the use of the name and there is a lot of turnover and those guys generally don't like working for the company from what I've seen.

UPS work is very difficult, both physically and mentally (lots of production pressures) and not everybody is cut out for it. You can see the guys who won't last long after you've been here awhile. However it's one of few blue collar jobs left (not including the trades, of course) where a young guy with a good work ethic and some perseverance can earn a good living wage with great benefits and retire very comfortably if they're smart with their investments in addition to the Teamster pension. I rarely put in more than a 9/10 hour day with the exception of the month of December (60 hours a week max by law) and I'll be pretty close to 6 figures this year.

loading the trucks was the hardest job I ever had. They worked me like a dog because everyone else there was lazy, or at least they got lazy as the shift went on.

any of you guys that work for these companies ever stumble upon a package that had drugs in it?

I work for Canada Post. Everything thinks it is the easiest job in the world.

I'd be surprized if more than 50% of the people who go through training are still employed with a year.

I know my training class was down to 30% 1 year after we finished our training.

As mentioned, these type of places go in cycles. Some times it will be 2 years before full time, sometimes it will be 5+. Depends on where you are in the country too.

I know for the USPS it is damn near impossible to get hired straight up in Hawaii. Cause people with 20+years of experience elsewhere in the States transfer over there.

I was clearing a letter box container once and the second I opened it, the stench of marijuana was over powering.

Easy to find the letter it was coming from and I was quite surprized to see it addressed to a well known Canadian celebrity.

Here in Canada we have a tv show called Border Security and they do some of it at the Canada Post processing plant in Vancouver. They show them opening a ton of drug packages. Some people are pretty creative in trying to hide it too.

I worked seasonal help as a driver's helper back in 1999/2000.

At the time, everyone was ordering Gateway computers, which were shipped in 3 boxes with a heavy television-sized monitor. Royal pain in the ass.

We'd be out doing deliveries and pickups for 12 hours. Extremely exhausting.

One of the highlights (which I'm sure violated some sort of policy) was if people were putting useful stuff on the curb for trash day we'd throw it in the truck if we had room. Lol

The manager at the station looked and sounded like Ed Burns. He offered me a job near the end of my seasonal run, but I declined since I aggregated a pre existing knee injury hoping off the truck Phone Post 3.0

Bry Bry - any of you guys that work for these companies ever stumble upon a package that had drugs in it?
I worked at UPS years ago. I was loading a trailer going to Colorado/Utah/Wyoming. Inside the trailer stank of weed. Phone Post 3.0

What's the annual salary without overtime? Phone Post 3.0

UPS driver has to be one of the best jobs right out of high school

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mDaf3IQ-j-4/TAQKCCQsz_I/AAAAAAAADmY/Q0CBZ9Kdz1Y/s640/doctor_salary.gif

I have worked at UPS for more than 33 years.