ANZAC Day (25/4)

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest we forget Phone Post 3.0

That's my grandfather with the cigarette in his mouth. He was a sniper in the Korean War. He's 86 years old now, and he survived being badly wounded in a corn field for 2 days. Absolute legend. Phone Post 3.0

Sir Psycho Sexy -
That's my grandfather with the cigarette in his mouth. He was a sniper in the Korean War. He's 86 years old now, and he survived being badly wounded in a corn field for 2 days. Absolute legend. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for sharing your family pride bro.

My Great Grandfather served in WW1, my Great Uncle was killed in WW1 (Palestine) but it's my Grandfather that I'm most proud of:

BLONG, Cecil Arnold. (Ces). Reg.No 442567, 21st Btn, NZ Army, WWII Vet. November 16, 1922 - July 7, 2011 Phone Post 3.0

Kiwi -
Sir Psycho Sexy -
Thanks for sharing your family pride bro.

My Great Grandfather served in WW1, my Great Uncle was killed in WW1 (Palestine) but it's my Grandfather that I'm most proud of:

BLONG, Cecil Arnold. (Ces). Reg.No 442567, 21st Btn, NZ Army, WWII Vet. November 16, 1922 - July 7, 2011 Phone Post 3.0
If we could be half the men our grandfathers were, I think we'd be doing good. :) Phone Post 3.0

Lest we forget. Phone Post 3.0

Lest we forget

Proud to see the ode of remembrance on the OG Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Lest we forget

Kiwi - They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

VU Phone Post 3.0

Lest we forget. Phone Post 3.0

my grandfather

11th battalion was the first ashore on the 25th. i never met him but he told my mother the 1st casualty of the campaign was when the officer in front of him stood up in the landing boat and was shot through the head.

first letter was after being wounded the 1st. time, 2nd letter after losing his leg.

great thread kiwi, lest we forget.

mentioned in despatches:

729 -

great thread kiwi, lest we forget.

mentioned in despatches:

Thanks mate, I thought it was worth seeing how many people it would interest.

Any chance you can help a mud out with an image please?
http://imgur.com/zZagwQL Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Raise a glass Phone Post 3.0

I love all you cunta Phone Post 3.0