AOC: Legit to talk about Biden allegation

What do you think of her now? Sounds like a principled position.

Ocasio-Cortez says it's 'legitimate to talk about' allegation against Biden

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday addressed a sexual assault allegation against presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden by a former Senate staffer, saying it was "legitimate to talk about."

Ocasio-Cortez was asked about the allegation against the former vice president during an online forum hosted by The Wing, a women's network and community space, by a questioner who said she was strongly opposed to President Trump's reelection but that she also "really resent[s] the fact that the other choice is someone who has a really long history of being creepy to women," citing the allegation by former staffer Tara Reade.

"I think it's legitimate to talk about these things," Ocasio-Cortez responded, according to CBS News. "And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know - both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us."

"I think a lot of us are just in this moment where it's like, how did we get here? You know, it almost felt like we started this cycle where we had kind of moved on from, you know, from all of this. And now it feels like we're kind of back in it," she added. "You know, the most diverse field that we've ever seen - that we're kind of back kind of replaying old movies in a way."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/492856-ocasio-cortez-says-its-legitimate-to-talk-about-allegation-against-Biden

Somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.

5 Likes

Will be interesting to see if she keeps expressing that, or if party leaders tell her to fall in line

She will be president one day. 

i think she was inspired by veep. 

She’s kind of like, so, like, articulate, like, ya know?

2 Likes

snookerbank -

Somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.

They'll be fine without you.

2 Likes

It's good that she bought this up, he's creepy and it's not being addressed by the democrats.

Something about a broken clock and twice a day. 

I can’t remember what it is though. 

2 Likes

I think she is bat shit crazy and wrong on basically every political topic but at least she is not doing an Alyssa Milano. At least she sticks to what she believes, at least on this topic.

1 Like

The diversity swipe muddles the shit out of the principled position for me.

Just as all the Trump allegations should be discussed

The many, many allegations. That he confessed to

Pratty -

Just as all the Trump allegations should be discussed

The many, many allegations. That he confessed to

Cuz he’s a pimp and it was all con$entual.

crazydave - 

She will be president one day. 

Jesus, if you're listening, please let this be absolutely wrong.

And, if it is true, please let me be dead by the time it comes to fruition.

sicko -

Will be interesting to see if she keeps expressing that, or if party leaders tell her to fall in line

AOC is falling more in line with Democratic establishment every week.

She wants a leadership position sooner rather than later and she'll play ball to get it. She is not protesting outside Pelosi's office anymore, she is buddying up and calling her "mama bear". 

Personally I think her coming out with this statement is at least partly to extract leverage with Biden while they are negotiating her endorsement of him. Remember, she still has not endorsed, and like it or not, her endorsement is one of the most significant within the Dem party.

Its legitimate to talk about it. That's a far cry from calling for an investigation or demanding someone's resignation like she normally would. 

She is a borderline special needs child. She won her election in a district composed of people who cant read and of are a certain ethnic background that may make someone think that she and them are related. 

With that said she is right but no one cares because he has no chance in hell of winning the election. 

Vindell - 

I think she is bat shit crazy and wrong on basically every political topic but at least she is not doing an Alyssa Milano. At least she sticks to what she believes, at least on this topic.

Never go full Samantha Micelli!!

At least she's consistently crazy

I just wanna see her tittys. 

1 Like