Aoki uchimata

very very subtle diff between hane and uchi... i was taught to hit the far leg also when learning uchi, and from what i can figure out, it seems the diff lies in the hip rotation and following leg shift too... btw, i got thrown by his uchimata and i swear it was all technique. didn't even feel the entry and floated on it. really good stuff.

I always wondered what the throw that Ron Tripp beat Rickson with looked like.........now I know.

The outro music is pretty good.

"hoodrat!hoodrat! uchimata!!! "

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHQHAHAHAH!!!!!

POST OF THE DAY and YEAR(thus far)!!!!!

is that a hane or an inside leg uchi

I knw the high amplitude uchi's attack the far leg. So if you are standing facing each other your right leg would attack the inside of his right leg

i think it's an uchi, as he doesn't use his shin to create some of the lift. it may appear that way (hane-ish) because he's so long and brad is small. tomayto tomahto, hip throw whatever.

"i was taught to hit the far leg also when learning uchi, and from what i can figure out, it seems the diff lies in the hip rotation and following leg shift too..."

I always relied too much on the leg sweep and not enough on the upper body torque. If you treat it as an upper body tech and get the proper position or kuzushi, the leg sweep becomes "the icing on the cake."

But sweeping the near leg is an easier entry and can be used to hop in deeper....

There are tons of variations and personal versions with throws.