APEX: CARD CONTINUES TO GROW!!!

APEX CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHTING is proud to announce four new fights that will be presented on September 5th, 2004 at the Pierre Charbonneau Center in one of North America’s greatest cities; Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Headlining the event will be IVAN MENJIVAR, who will be facing RYAN ACKERMAN out of Wisconsin. Also on the card, is an epic battle between TONY “THE FREAK” FRYKLUND vs. DENNIS “SUPERMAN” HALLMAN.

In a battle of two of the world’s top MMA schools, one fight added to this star studded event will include RYAN SCHULTZ of Team Quest vs. RANDY SPENCE of Team Cesar Gracie. Schultz is the talk of the MMA world as one of the top up and coming fighters around. An exciting style that has made him fans in every arena he has stepped into, Schultz could be on the doorstep of greatest. Spence trains with the likes of Jake Shields, Tim McKenzie and David Terrell and comes into the fight as the underdog. But, as teammate Nick Diaz proved in the UFC, the underdogs from Cesar Gracie’s camp always have a surprise up their sleeve that no fan or fighter is expecting. This fight could be one for the ages!

JF BOLDUC will be making his return to the ring after a one year layoff and will face Steve Berger protégé DUSTIN SEVERS, who will be making his pro MMA debut, but is 3-0 as an amateur. Since the early days of MMA in Montreal, Bolduc has always been a fan favorite and known as a hard nose fighter and is always ready for a war. Bolduc knows the fight game and he wants to teach the rookie a lesson in punishment. Severs is an unknown quantity to most fans, but if he is anything like his training partner Steve Berger, the fans are in for a spectacular fight!

The third fight added to the card has the potential to be a historic event in the world of martial arts. JOHN HACKLEMAN JR. will be making his MMA debut against local talent MARCUS CELESTIN. John Hackleman Sr. is not only one of the greatest trainers in MMA, with the talented Chuck Liddell as his student, but one of the most storied martial artists in history. Considered as the best kickboxer in the 1980’s, Hackleman was also a successful professional boxer. Hackleman Jr. comes from great genes and has impressed his training partners and kickboxing opponents and is considered as a big part of the future in MMA. Hackleman Jr’s debut MMA fight will be in the APEX ring and fireworks are expected to happen. A student of Charles Nestor, Celestin brings his undefeated record of 1-0 to the ring and is ready and able to stop the next big thing in his tracks. This one won’t last long as both guys will come out strong and hitting heavy.

Last but certainly not least, the fourth fight added to the card will be a battle of hard punchers, as STEVE LEGAULT of Club de Boxe 454 steps up his competition and faces Victory Athletics team member, BRAD BLACKBURN. Legault is another fan favorite in Quebec and steps up to the challenge of his toughest fight to date. Known for having KO power in his right hand, Legault can end any fight with just one punch. After a layoff of almost two years due to injury, Blackburn returned the ring in July and won by submission and is ready to come back to Canada and show the world that he truly is back and ready for war!

Tickets for the most star studded event in Canadian history are available via the Admission Network across Canada and the United States. Admission can be contacted via there website at www.admission.com or by telephone at (514) 790-1245 or toll-free at (800) 361-4595 in Canada or (800) 678-5440 in the United States.

Holy crap what a card, that will be an amazing night

Good job and best of luck to Alex and staff

Jason Darrah

EvolutionMMA

Thanks Jason! I'm really excited how everything is coming together with the card and the response we're getting.

Just came back from a live radio broadcast on the all sports station in Montreal (Team 990) and Ivan Menjivar and Steve Legault came and were interview and did an awesome job representing us. Eric Beaulieu and Scott Scorsati came by as well, and worked out really well!

Looking great Alex!!

Can someone post the full card please?

TTT

Great card, but isn't UCC 12 the most star studded MMA canadian event? with Jens Pulver, Bang Ludwig, Jermaine Andre, Steve Vigneault, John Alessio, Dave Loiseau, Tony Fryklund, Jason Black, George St-Pierre, Thomas Denny,Mark Hominick, Kultar Gill etc.

I know it sounds negative, but that was definetely the most important event in canadian MMA history.

It was fun to watch ;)

Here we go again a guy busts his ass working on a great show ( and in my opinion this card has better match making and just as big of names as UCC 12 ) and people compare and cut down a truly great event.

Also giantsilvafan why is it that you will not support Canadian MMA ?

ttt

I can't wait to see Hackleman Jr and Celestin throwdown...it's gonna be awesome.

wrong side of the bed this morning ?

My comments were made in regards to your posts as a whole not just this one and yes in this thread you did not bust down Apex but as usual there was nothing positive in your post either

and please answer the question of why you do not support canadian mma

and again this is not just about this post and I am not trying to argue just wondering why you never have anything positive to say about canadian mma just answer the question

BRAD BLACKBURN

If he is back in true form, you guys are in for a treat. The guy can crack!

C

Mr. Hamzeh, are we going to see you on a future card?

that's the plan... oh yes, that's the plan.

C

full card?

TTT

GSF, i did not say it was inferior, and i did not say it was less important, the press release says: THE MOST STAR STUDDED EVENT IN CANADIAN MMA HISTORY. Correct me if i'm wrong but UCC 12 had 3 times more stars than APEX.

But again, APEX will probably be an excellent show.