APEX: GENESIS DVD - JUNE 1ST

Guys, I just got this dvd. I sorta collect as many of them as possible because I can't always get to the fights I want to get to.

So I thought I would give you a outline of what this one was like.

Here is the listing of the dvd as described.

APEX Championship Fighting is proud to announce that their inaugural "APEX: GENESIS" event will be available on DVD on June 1st, 2006 and will be available for sale at the next "APEX: EVOLUTION" event on June 10th, 2006 at the Palais des Congres in Gatineau.

On September 5th, 2004, a new chapter in the history of Mixed Martial Arts was written, as a new promotion opened its doors to MMA fans around the world. With its inaugural event, 'GENESIS', APEX Championship Fighting brought itself to the forefront of the sport by showcasing some of the world's top MMA talent.

On this historic night, fans in attendance were fortunate to see the talents of Ivan "The Pride of El Salvador" Menjivar, as well as Bad Boy Wes "The Project" Sims in the "Battle of Giants" against Montrealer Ricardeau Francois. Also featured on the card were UFC Veterans Tony "The Freak" Fryklund and Steve Berger, Team Quest members Matt "Suave" Horwich and Ryan Schultz, sensational strikers Antony Rea and "Bad" Brad Blackburn, as well as many of Canada's top competitors.

APEX: GENESIS is hosted by renowned commentator Stephen "The Fight Professor" Quadros, who has worked on top level fighting events such as K-1, PRIDE and King of the Cage. Quadros is known as the best play-by-play man in Mixed Martial Arts and is an invaluable addition to APEX. He is joined in the booth by the Voice of Canadian MMA "Showdown" Joe Ferraro and by MMA superstar Frank 'Twinkle Toes' Trigg. JT McCarty joins the team as the post-fight interviewer. Join the non-stop action that was APEX: Genesis, and fight out why it was considered one of the greatest nights of MMA fights in Canadian history!

Please contact APEX at dvd@apexfighting.com to get your name on our list, so you can be one of the first to have the opportunity to purchase this DVD or contact us if you are a website looking to distribute it. Look for more information about the DVD to come out when it is officially released on June 1st.

Here is a pic of the cover.

Here is a promo on it:

Ok, first of all. Whoever did the graphics did an awesome job. Sometimes you get a lot of these independant companies doing dvds and you have to excuse them because you know they are just there to catch the action.

Not with this dvd. Great menu set up. Easy to jump to whatever fight you want to see, lots of interviews and background stuff from the show too.

Ray! I am trying to fill people in on a great fight dvd here!

There is nothign worse than thinking about buying a fight dvd, getting it and wishing you didn't get it because it's shitty.

This one is worth the buy imo.

One of the things I love about the UFC dvds for example is that you get the backstage stuff you will NOT get on the PPV.

The APEX dvd is just the same. Lots of backstage stuff. The interview with JT, Showdown, and Quadros is great. Made me laugh.

The fights too are well done. Not just by the fighters I mean, the angles are great and it's never a bad scene.

With lots of cameras you get to see every angle. It's good switching too. Nothing too jerky so that you lose focus of the fight. They are followed well so you find the flow.

The commentary is well done too. Quadros, Trigg, Showdown, and JT's post fight stuff is well done.

Obviously these guys know what they are talking about and really help the first timers under stand what is going on without talking down to the people who have a good grasp on the action.

getting back to the fights, what an action packed card. Not only was there lots of top notch action you have some weird fights like Francois/Sims that has to be seen to believed.

The dvd itself would be worth buying for the fights alone held on a single hand cam but it's like a whole new world with the way it's laid out.

Sound wise. This is nice, I mean, obviously you want some decent soundtracks to go with your graphics etc but APEX pull sit together nicely.

On top of that commentary is crisp, clean, and easy to hear. The commentators don't step on each other's toes and the flow helps the fight along.

On top of that, it's easy to get excited just listening to these guys. You can tell they love the sport. It's not just a job.

Also, instead of leaving the watcher alone to figure out who is who, or running off to sherdog to check backgrounds, each fight is preceeded with a short blurb about each fighter and their style, where they are from, and what they like to do.

Very nice. I was watching it with a friend again when this person noted that they expected the fighter to go to the ground. When I asked why they would say that they responded, "Because it said he likes to fight on the ground in the intro."

Silly me. But the good thing is that those who don't grasp the game or know backgrounds will find this dvd easy to watch and understand while the more advanced guy doesn't get talked down to.

By the way, Yves Lavigne is the %$#@ing man when it comes to refs in Canada.

Nice to see him get face time on the dvd. You rock Yves!

Drawbacks of the dvd are that while you can fast forward through the fights to the next fight or go to the main menu to go to the next fight, there is no continuious play. After each fight it goes back to the menu.

Not a big worry though.

Overall, a great dvd. Seriously worth the buy as it features some great talent and some great fights.

Ok, ask me any questions about the dvd and I will try and answer them for you.