APEX Profile: Adam Hie

In April of 2006, APEX Championship Fighting held their inaugural MMA Camp and tryouts in Toronto, Ontario. Fighters came out to train with some of the best instructors in the game, followed by a tryout process that would hopefully convince the judging panel that they deserved to be on an APEX card.

Brantford, Ontario native Adam Hie made the trek to Toronto to live out a dream of becoming a professional MMA fighter. The 5'11" twenty two year old did just that, as he was able to stick out from the crowd for more reasons than one. His striking was tight, his takedown defense was on point and his ground game kept him out of trouble. For a beginner, he looked more than ready to make the next step into professional fighting.

Hie is a Police Science major who truly enjoys extreme sports. 'I like to go skiing/snow boarding. In the summer you can catch me riding my BMX stunt bike (dirt jumping and flat land). I also like to ride mountain bike and roller blade'. To top it all off, Hie mixes it all up with some training in BJJ and Pankration.

Representing Jeff Joslin's Team Inferno, there is no doubt Hie will be ready for this fight. 'I have good throws and decent take down defense. I heard my opponent is a striker, so I think this will be a good fight to watch' stated Hie. His keys to victory are simple: 'If I can stay calm and fight my fight', he should end up victorious.

Hie has a personal hero at home that he tries to emulate. 'My mother because she has done so much for me and always stood by me.' His personal motto is 'to never give up on your dreams, no matter how long it takes you to achieve it.' In his down time, Hie sits back and enjoys reading true crime novels while listing ac/dc as one of his favorite bands.

On Saturday, January 13th, Team Inferno's Adam Hie will be making his MMA debut at APEX: Caged Inferno, as he takes on Sudbury's Matt Timony, who will be representing Team Shredder. Rest assured that the fans at the Robert Guertin Arena will be rocking the moment these two warriors engage in this long awaited battle.

Tickets for APEX: Caged Inferno are available through all Ticketmaster outlets at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling (613) 755-1111. Don’t miss this spectacular event where you are guaranteed to see some epic battles in the APEX cage, brought to you by the region’s top MMA event: APEX CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHTING.

APEX: Caged Inferno could not be possible without the support of our partners, Hardcore Championship Fighting, Budweiser, Ottawa Sun, Team 1200, Hayabusa Fightwear, Team Bushido Martial Arts, Ronin MMA, Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts, 100% Martial Arts, Brauti-Thorning LLP, The Score Television Network, Bell Express Vu, Viewers Choice, Cineplex Entertainment Theatres, Liam McGuire's, MMA Canada.net and Showdown Entertainment.

ttt