Appendicitis?

Anyone ever have it? I feel a slight discomfort where my lower right abdomen is. Nothing major but was wondering if anyone has dealt with it. Any warning signs other than that slight discomfort? Phone Post

Woke up one day with pressure in my lower stomach. Kinda felt like holding in a big shit while it tries to push out.

Drove to work but couldn't find a comfortable way to sit on the 35minute drive. Got to work, still hurt, gf told me to get it checked.

At the urgent care clinic, all discomfort went away, doc checks me out get a scan and he says "yep appendicitis, you're going into surgery today"..like 2 hours later in surgery. Caught it just in time. Bills and discomfort afterwards suck! Phone Post

Woke up one morning with crippling pain in my lower abdomen. Crawled to the toilet and threw up. Then crawled to my roommates room, woke him up and told him to take me to the hospital.

The brought me in right away, had me drink some nasty liquid then did a CT scan. They told me I had to have surgery ASAP before it ruptured. So I was admitted and had surgery around five that night. Wasn't that bad only about 45 minutes and I was out of the hospital the next day.

Good luck, and if you think it may be an issue get it checked out ASAP. The last thing you want is for it to rupture, as that makes it a lot worse and life threatening. Phone Post 3.0

Coconut Pete - Woke up one day with pressure in my lower stomach. Kinda felt like holding in a big shit while it tries to push out.

Drove to work but couldn't find a comfortable way to sit on the 35minute drive. Got to work, still hurt, gf told me to get it checked.

At the urgent care clinic, all discomfort went away, doc checks me out get a scan and he says "yep appendicitis, you're going into surgery today"..like 2 hours later in surgery. Caught it just in time. Bills and discomfort afterwards suck! Phone Post
pretty much exactly how my episode of appendicitis happened also. Phone Post 3.0

Hmm well I don't feel nauseated whatsoever as it's just a slight discomfort at the moment. I'll go to work and see how it feels later. Definitely hope it's nothing. Phone Post

Don't fuck around with it.... walking around is dangerous if you have appendicitis Phone Post 3.0

Lil 303 - Woke up one morning with crippling pain in my lower abdomen. Crawled to the toilet and threw up. Then crawled to my roommates room, woke him up and told him to take me to the hospital.

The brought me in right away, had me drink some nasty liquid then did a CT scan. They told me I had to have surgery ASAP before it ruptured. So I was admitted and had surgery around five that night. Wasn't that bad only about 45 minutes and I was out of the hospital the next day.

Good luck, and if you think it may be an issue get it checked out ASAP. The last thing you want is for it to rupture, as that makes it a lot worse and life threatening. Phone Post 3.0

This sounds exactly like my experience with it. Kind of like a knife was stuck in my abdomen. Fuckers told me they were going to make three small holes and take it out. I woke up with a five inch slice across the bottom of my abdomen. Phone Post

donfryesmustache -
Lil 303 - Woke up one morning with crippling pain in my lower abdomen. Crawled to the toilet and threw up. Then crawled to my roommates room, woke him up and told him to take me to the hospital.

This sounds exactly like my experience with it. Kind of like a knife was stuck in my abdomen. Fuckers told me they were going to make three small holes and take it out. I woke up with a five inch slice across the bottom of my abdomen. Phone Post

Damn!!!

I got the three hole method, that sucks bro Phone Post

any of you not have health insurance when it happened? what did the surgery cost?

Yeah I almost died from appendicitis. Had it when I was 14. I grew up kinda poor and at the time we had no health insurance so my mom never took me to the hospital/doctor unless it was an emergency.

It started with feeling kinda sick and a little abdominal pain. Things got worse as each day went on. After a week I could barely walk and taking a piss was the worst feeling in the world. Once it was that bad my mom finally decided that I'm not just sick so we better go to the doctors.

Once I got to the doctors, he touched my stomach and I nearly screamed. Within minutes I was in an ambulance and on the way to hospital for surgery. After I got out of surgery the doctor said if I would have waited one more day, I would have died.

Thanks mom. Phone Post

forrestfan - any of you not have health insurance when it happened? what did the surgery cost?

Yeah...I'm not exactly sure how my parents took care of it, but they were making payments for a while. Phone Post

MindBottling - Hmm well I don't feel nauseated whatsoever as it's just a slight discomfort at the moment. I'll go to work and see how it feels later. Definitely hope it's nothing. Phone Post

Maybe you just need to take a shit lol. Phone Post

KFP49 - Yeah I almost died from appendicitis. Had it when I was 14. I grew up kinda poor and at the time we had no health insurance so my mom never took me to the hospital/doctor unless it was an emergency.

It started with feeling kinda sick and a little abdominal pain. Things got worse as each day went on. After a week I could barely walk and taking a piss was the worst feeling in the world. Once it was that bad my mom finally decided that I'm not just sick so we better go to the doctors.

Once I got to the doctors, he touched my stomach and I nearly screamed. Within minutes I was in an ambulance and on the way to hospital for surgery. After I got out of surgery the doctor said if I would have waited one more day, I would have died.

Thanks mom. Phone Post
Same thing happens to me man I said if your not gonna take me to the hospital ill call the ambulance! Phone Post 3.0

Coconut Pete -
donfryesmustache -

Damn!!!

Lol its all good, just another scar. Iirc the doc said something about my liver being in a weird position is why they had to make the cut. Phone Post

Trust - 

Yes, that sucked. Woke up with a bad pain on my lower right side. I thought my wife accidentally kicked me in bed or something. Went to work, thinking it would get better. By 11 am the pain was so bad it was making me dizzy. I knew something was wrong at that point. The hospital was very close to work so I just got up, walked to my car, and drove to the ER. I was in surgery within an hour. Not a fan of the finger in the asshole test they do to rule out colitis. That put me over the pain threshold and knocked me out. They had to use smelling salts to revive me. Phone Post

WTF bro??? Nobody stuck a finger in my ass. I feel cheated

donfryesmustache - 
Coconut Pete -
donfryesmustache -

Damn!!!

Lol its all good, just another scar. Iirc the doc said something about my liver being in a weird position is why they had to make the cut. Phone Post

Got the three hole method as well. The worst part was all the air they pump in you that hurts like hell until you fart it all out. Good luck OP.