Applying for Trader Co. to Learn Trading

Saw this ad for the company: https://maverickfx.com/

From what I understand, you apply to join and learn about trading. You pay for the program and then prove you can implement the trading plan and then they let you trade their capital. Paid by direct deposit on the 1st of the month on 70-80% of profits. Can be done part-time which is what I want to do, and supplement my fulltime income. 

Anyone tried this or with a similar company? What was your experience?

In 

My first thought is, "what's the scam". So how much does the training program cost you

sicko -

My first thought is, "what's the scam". So how much does the training program cost you

Me too, I'm going through the application right now with a skeptical eye but so far, there's nothing too scammy. None of the "MAKE $1M YOUR FIRST YEAR!!" shit. 

Going to see how much the training costs and if its more than $2K, I'm out.

Okay here it is:

$3000 Membership fee.

$3000 Performance bonus

$199 Monthly dues.

DO I NEED TO DEPOSIT RISK CAPITAL, WHETHER OR NOT I HAVE PRIOR TRADING TRADING EXPERIENCE?

Yes. All Level 1 traders, regardless of prior trading experience, are required to submit $2,000 in risk capital to protect the account against losses. In the beginning, Maverick FX matches the trader's $2,000 to create a $4,000 account.

When a consistent track record is established, traders then advance to the Capital Sharing Program and Maverick will add more capital to their account. Level 1 traders begin with a minimum $10,000 account with 50:1 leverage ($500,000 of buying power).

Yeah, I'm out.

Yeah that is pretty terrible. 

What you're looking for is called tradenet. You can purchase the intro program for as little as $400. You will receive a basic education program and a $14,000 funded account. You will get to keep 70% of your profits. 

If you put in the time and are serious, after about 18 months of emotions you could potentially start being profitable. Most people quit in the first 6 months and call BS because it just never clicked for them

1 Like

All of these are scams.  They all make much more money providing training than backing traders.

1 Like
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

Yeah that is pretty terrible. 

What you're looking for is called tradenet. You can purchase the intro program for as little as $400. You will receive a basic education program and a $14,000 funded account. You will get to keep 70% of your profits. 

If you put in the time and are serious, after about 18 months of emotions you could potentially start being profitable. Most people quit in the first 6 months and call BS because it just never clicked for them

Cheers man, I'll check that out/