Are any of Rickson's students successful in MMA?

Just wondering as I haven't kept up with him over the years.

Rickson doesn't coach MMA. When I trained at his gym, there was no MMA program whatsoever.

Some of his blackbelts (Henry Akins for example) train quite a few MMA fighters.

^^ which is smart... I catch flack for saying this but Rickson wasnt the best mma guy... he was the best grappler on the planet and that carried him in mma. But he is smart to concentrate solely on his bread and butter.

Kumite4 - ^^ which is smart... I catch flack for saying this but Rickson wasnt the best mma guy... he was the best grappler on the planet and that carried him in mma. But he is smart to concentrate solely on his bread and butter.

*is Phone Post

Jons Forsberg - 
Kumite4 - ^^ which is smart... I catch flack for saying this but Rickson wasnt the best mma guy... he was the best grappler on the planet and that carried him in mma. But he is smart to concentrate solely on his bread and butter.

Greg Jackson wasn't the best MMA guy, smart move for him to never coach.

But Jackson wasnt sitting on a gold mine with the wave of BJJ sweeping the world. If Rickson would have gotten more into mma and away from BJJ he may not be the "legend" he is today. Cause lets face it, his biggest mma claim to fame is NOT fighting Sak and creating the giant "What if" scenereo for all mma fans to talk about for years.

^^ I thought the same thing

He wrote that because Greg Jackson was a terrible MMA fighter, but has become a successful MMA coach.

I'm pretty sure it's an ironic statement, stating that the poster believes Rickson could've had many successful MMA students even though he wasn't 'the best". 

Right he very well could have, but my point was why would he need to try his luck in mma when his family had handed him the biggest money making biz he could hope for? Stick to what you know the best.

It is hard to imagine I gues because MMA is so big now, but MMA is in no way a major focus of Rickson's.

Shane Rice used to fight MMA, but I believe he has retired from MMA and only competes in jiu jitsu now.

He went 4-3, and choked out Mark Hominick to win the TKO belt when he was a brown belt.

Hixon's MMA was just fine. He NEVER had ro resort to HRT, TRT, nandrolone, deca, PCP, HGH, eating giant sacks of bull nuts or any other shenanigans.

Sorry u missed out on the golden age of nhb, when skills was king.

fabes - Rickson doesn't coach MMA. When I trained at his gym, there was no MMA program whatsoever.

A lot of BJJ gyms are like that but still turn out MMA competitors, though.

bhealthy - Hixon's MMA was just fine. He NEVER had ro resort to HRT, TRT, nandrolone, deca, PCP, HGH, eating giant sacks of bull nuts or any other shenanigans.

Sorry u missed out on the golden age of nhb, when skills was king.

Sure. He just gave it to Royce.

Rickson focus is teaching GJJ for everyday "self-defense".

fabes - Rickson doesn't coach MMA. When I trained at his gym, there was no MMA program whatsoever.

Some of his blackbelts (Henry Akins for example) train quite a few MMA fighters.

rickson believes that his bjj is enough,he told ralek he would rather  lose with his bjj  then change.

something like that.

this is when ralek was training with royce and his boxing coach.if you been to a relson seminar,you heard relson talk some shit about royce

Was greg Jackson an actual fighter? Phone Post

12 - 
fabes - 

rickson believes that his bjj is enough,

I guess he forgot when he was training wrestling or was he just doing BJJ in a singlet?

Do any of the brothers (Royler, Royce, Relson, etc.)teach MMA?

12 -
fabes - Rickson doesn't coach MMA. When I trained at his gym, there was no MMA program whatsoever.

rickson believes that his bjj is enough,he told ralek he would rather  lose with his bjj  then change.
something like that.

this is when ralek was training with royce and his boxing coach.if you been to a relson seminar,you heard relson talk some shit about royce

I haven't been to a Relson seminar. What does he say about Royce? Phone Post