Are big lumbering white dudes still acceptable...

Luke Keuckly (spelling?) on panthers ? Phone Post 3.0

PeteyWheatstraw - as NFL linebackers?

Haven't followed NFL in a while, who are the current Zack Thomas's and Brian Urlachers?
Neither of those guys were considered slow let alone lumbering. BLach was of of the fastest LBs Phone Post 3.0

What the fuck are you talking about?Urlacher ran a 4.5 while weighing 260. Phone Post 3.0

lol @ Zack Thomas being 5 fot 7.

And by "lumbering" I meant they bring the lumber on tackles.

Sheesh, sports nerds are so sensitive.

Teddy Bruschi was awesome to watch and an overachiever. He was a fan favorite and will most certainly be in the Pats HOF. He retired in NE too which makes folks like him more. Phone Post 3.0

Chop it up to babying and pc culture. Don't expect a hole lot anytime soon. Phone Post 3.0

KZTT_MMAfan55 - Luke Keuckly (spelling?) on panthers ? Phone Post 3.0
He's 240 and runs a 4.5. He's a freak. He's the best cover linebacker in the game. Phone Post 3.0

PeteyWheatstraw - lol @ Zack Thomas being 5 fot 7.

And by "lumbering" I meant they bring the lumber on tackles.

Sheesh, sports nerds are so sensitive.
Nice attempt at a rebound, Petey. Phone Post 3.0

Remember Chris Spielman from the Lions?

He was a big lumbering white guy linebacker. Did he play in the same era as Mark Bavarro? Spielman on Bavarro one on one seems like it would be an epic showdown.

Lol at lumbering, Urlacher was fast as hell. Phone Post 3.0

IDK but JJ Watt is the best player in football and Luke Keuchly is a beast. Only one better I can think of in recent years was the GOAT Ray Lewis. 

Edit. I really dont understand what you mean by lumbering since most LB's are big dudes. So I may have my answer way off lol. 

"Lol at lumbering, Urlacher was fast as hell. "

You think he was fast enough to play outside linebacker on the 90's Dallas Cowboys championship teams?

Clay Matthews also.

"Clay Matthews also."

Clay actually seems really athletic/agile. It's funny though because you could have all the physical gifts in the world but still be a shitty linebacker because you suck at zone coverage and have poor play reading instincts or just suck at tackling. Not saying Clay sucks, just saying. He is a tool with all the flexing and long hair whipping stuff though.

Brian cushing

Conner Barwin

Cushing is kind of not quite there mentally. Too many hits to the head, but is one crazy mofo Phone Post 3.0

Sean Lee is one hell of a playmaker when he's healthy. Played MLB up until last season when they put him at weak side. Phone Post 3.0

PeteyWheatstraw - "Lol at lumbering, Urlacher was fast as hell. "

You think he was fast enough to play outside linebacker on the 90's Dallas Cowboys championship teams?
Again, he ran a 4.56 at the combine and a 4.48 at his pro day. At 250 pounds and 6'4. He was fast enough to play any position on defense when he entered the league outside of corner.

And Mark Bavaro was a stud. Both Parcells and Belichek have said he should be in the HoF. Phone Post 3.0

lol, yes

MickColins -

Again, he ran a 4.56 at the combine and a 4.48 at his pro day. At 250 pounds and 6'4. He was fast enough to play any position on defense when he entered the league outside of corner.

And Mark Bavaro was a stud. Both Parcells and Belichek have said he should be in the HoF. Phone Post 3.0
He could've played cornerback. You see guys like Sherman and Browner who are lockdown guys and they run 4.5's and 4.6's Phone Post 3.0

Dirty Dick Slater - 
PeteyWheatstraw - as NFL linebackers?

Haven't followed NFL in a while, who are the current Zack Thomas's and Brian Urlachers?
Do you realize how fast Urlacher was? Phone Post 3.0

Urlacher in his prime had insane speed for his size.  There were times when he caught an interception and was able to outrun wide receivers.  The guy was definitely not "lumbering".