Are big lumbering white dudes still acceptable...

Borgata Grille -
MickColins -
PeteyWheatstraw - as NFL linebackers?

Haven't followed NFL in a while, who are the current Zack Thomas's and Brian Urlachers?
Lumbering? Urlacher ran a 4.5 at the combine and was the size of a DE.

When did people start shitting on Urlacher? Until his knees and legs were destroyed by 12000 cut blocks, he was a physical freak. I still remember him running down Michael Vick in his prime multiple times in a Bears/Falcons game. Phone Post 3.0
I havent liked him as much since I heard the story of him treating Bas Rutten like shit, threatened to take him outside and then tucking once he found out who Bas was. Phone Post 3.0
I think that story is a crock of shit. Regardless, the point is that he was athletically freakish and not lumbering. Phone Post 3.0

Ted Johnson ILB on Pats early 2000 Superbowl teams was a 2 down run stopping white LB Phone Post 3.0

"You think he was fast enough to play outside linebacker on the 90's Dallas Cowboys championship teams?"

"lol, yes"

Why is that an lol, Mr. Chuckles? Their scheme was based on the outside guys having sideline to sideline lateral speed. He may not have fit into niche. You guys that keep bring up 40 times are ridiculous Applebee's eating sports nerds. Running fast in a straight line with no pads doesn't mean a dude can cover anyone.

PeteyWheatstraw - "You think he was fast enough to play outside linebacker on the 90's Dallas Cowboys championship teams?"

"lol, yes"

Why is that an lol, Mr. Chuckles? Their scheme was based on the outside guys having sideline to sideline lateral speed. He may not have fit into niche. You guys that keep bring up 40 times are ridiculous Applebee's eating sports nerds. Running fast in a straight line with no pads doesn't mean a dude can cover anyone.
He's considered one of the best coverage MLB of all time. Sideline speed? He ran down prime Michael Vick in an ATL/Bears game. Phone Post 3.0

PeteyWheatstraw - "You think he was fast enough to play outside linebacker on the 90's Dallas Cowboys championship teams?"

"lol, yes"

Because it's a comical question. Urlacher covered more field than maybe any other LB of his era. I never once mentioned his 40 time, so no need to get butt hurt. Some of us just, you know, watched him play.

"Because it's a comical question. Urlacher covered more field than maybe any other LB of his era. I never once mentioned his 40 time, so no need to get butt hurt. Some of us just, you know, watched him play."

I didn't say "you" specifically brought up 40 time so relax laffy-taffy, but it has been brought up by others repeatedly. Sounds like you are the one with over sensitive buttocks since you assumed I was talking about you. You think because you "watch" a guy play a sport you understand everything about the science behind defensive systems and the requirements of the positions within them? Classic. I guarantee you never played competitive football outside of pee-wee league.

Urlacher in that scheme might not have been suited for outside linebacker. Not saying he wasn't great on his team, just saying.

"He could've played cornerback. You see guys like Sherman and Browner who are lockdown guys and they run 4.5's and 4.6's"

lol.

Did Urlacher return kickoffs and punts? He could have with that 40 time. He's basically a big white Deion Sanders.

PeteyWheatstraw - "Because it's a comical question. Urlacher covered more field than maybe any other LB of his era. I never once mentioned his 40 time, so no need to get butt hurt. Some of us just, you know, watched him play."

I didn't say "you" specifically brought up 40 time so relax laffy-taffy, but it has been brought up by others repeatedly. Sounds like you are the one with over sensitive buttocks since you assumed I was talking about you. You think because you "watch" a guy play a sport you understand everything about the science behind defensive systems and the requirements of the positions within them? Classic. I guarantee you never played competitive football outside of pee-wee league.

Urlacher in that scheme might not have been suited for outside linebacker. Not saying he wasn't great on his team, just saying.

You responded to my post, who else would I think you're addressing? You then lost your adorable little temper, and started calling everyone "Applebee's eating sports nerds." You might be the only person in this thread who isn't relaxed.

As for your sad attempt to poison the well, it's an understanding of defensive systems that let's most of know he could have played for that Dallas team. He was so dynamic, he could have played a rover position in just about any system and still excelled. Lovie Smith would switch his two deep cover 2 to a cover 3 because of Urlachers coverage abilities. He could literally do it all. I played through high school, but probably didn't need to in order to understand these basic points.

You're embarrassing yourself, Petey. Whether it's a lack of understanding regarding the subject you brought up, or your lame attempts at humor, this thread has backfired on you. It's ok, it happens to the best of us, just sayin'

Hung out with Zach a few times. He uses to be engaged to a girl I went to school with. They came to watch Maxwell Vs Pulver and took us out afterwards./name dropping

Anyways as said above he wasn't big really at all. Very thick neck but not a huge guy. Very cool. Phone Post 3.0

PeteyWheatstraw - "He could've played cornerback. You see guys like Sherman and Browner who are lockdown guys and they run 4.5's and 4.6's"

lol.

Did Urlacher return kickoffs and punts? He could have with that 40 time. He's basically a big white Deion Sanders.
Yes. He returned kicks in college some. Phone Post 3.0

Luuuuuuuuuuuke Phone Post 3.0

Jamie Collins is the prototype for the LB of the future.
Smaller, faster, freakishly athletic.
Yeah, I know he's black.
he's not the LB of old.
It's a fantasy driven league with rule changes that influence more scoring and less hitting.
I hate the direction that the league is going but I do love Jamie Collins. The dude is awesome. Phone Post 3.0

"You responded to my post, who else would I think you're addressing?"

Please reread my exact words below to yourself slowly. Repeat until a full understanding is achieved (if possible). Sorry for the "bring/bringing" typo but that doesn't affect my point.

"You guys that keep bring up 40 times are ridiculous Applebee's eating sports nerds."

I you guySSSSSS, as in a plural summary of the guys that were bringing up 40 times. I did not say, "Hey you, guy! Stop bringing up 40 times!" so why assume I meant you? Nobody is trying to victimize you. I swear you would be a nightmare to coach with your insecurity and your lack of basic comprehension.

It is hilarious how you try to rep as the forum sports genius though so thanks for that. I'm sure your collection of licensed hats and jerseys is very impressive. lol.

MickColins -
PeteyWheatstraw - as NFL linebackers?

Haven't followed NFL in a while, who are the current Zack Thomas's and Brian Urlachers?
Lumbering? Urlacher ran a 4.5 at the combine and was the size of a DE.

When did people start shitting on Urlacher? Until his knees and legs were destroyed by 12000 cut blocks, he was a physical freak. I still remember him running down Michael Vick in his prime multiple times in a Bears/Falcons game. Phone Post 3.0

the cut block was the only way to block him. Still chickenshit though. Ndamakang has a good solution for the chop block. Its called retaliate every fucking time regardless of how many times they fine you. Cleats in the ribs. Step on their achiles ...... love that guy. Notice his legs are holding up pretty well.

Oh Petey...

When drowning, it's best to just gulp in the water and sink peacefully below the surface. All this flailing about is just drawing more attention the train-wreck of a thread you created.

Yes, guySSSSS is plural. Since you responded to my point, and my post, and my assertion, common sense would dictate you were attempting to lump me in with that group. We both know that's exactly what happened, and you just generalized everyone calling you out during your little tangent. It's ok to admit you fucked up. Don't be so touchy.

I'm trying to rep as the forum sports genius? lol. These darling attempts to poison the well are becoming a little pathetic. You're better than that.

"Yes, guySSSSS is plural. Since you responded to my point, and my post, and my assertion, common sense would dictate you were attempting to lump me in with that group. We both know that's exactly what happened, and you just generalized everyone calling you out during your little tangent. It's ok to admit you fucked up. Don't be so touchy."

No, you ASSUMED I was lumping you in with that group because your emotions took over and "common sense" took a back seat. Happens a lot with you wannabe athlete know it all sports fan types. Just admit you skimmed and jumped the gun instead of reading carefully.

I'm in a store with a bunch of knuckleheads, some of which are shoplifting, and the shop owner yells, "All you GUYSSSSSS who are stealing better stop!" I just go about my business and I'm not yelling back like an idiot, "I have not stolen a thing! You are wrong!" I'm not responding because I know I'm not a thief. Is it slowly sinking it yet?

Quit using words like "adorable" and "darling" by the way, it doesn't make anyone think you're the cool, condescending guy on the internet. You're just trying too hard.

"Sean Lee is an animal. He white and not lumbering.When the boys played the eagles the first game demarco was in Philly. I never seen an lb performance like that in my life."

Are you sure? I just read that Sean Lee runs a 4.71. That's pretty slow man. Doesn't that mean he sucks and can't cover?

Thread fail.

PeteyWheatstraw - "Yes, guySSSSS is plural. Since you responded to my point, and my post, and my assertion, common sense would dictate you were attempting to lump me in with that group. We both know that's exactly what happened, and you just generalized everyone calling you out during your little tangent. It's ok to admit you fucked up. Don't be so touchy."

No, you ASSUMED I was lumping you in with that group because your emotions took over and "common sense" took a back seat. Happens a lot with you wannabe athlete know it all sports fan types. Just admit you skimmed and jumped the gun instead of reading carefully.

I'm in a store with a bunch of knuckleheads, some of which are shoplifting, and the shop owner yells, "All you GUYSSSSSS who are stealing better stop!" I just go about my business and I'm not yelling back like an idiot, "I have not stolen a thing! You are wrong!" I'm not responding because I know I'm not a thief. Is it slowly sinking it yet?

Quit using words like "adorable" and "darling" by the way, it doesn't make anyone think you're the cool, condescending guy on the internet. You're just trying too hard.
You're a darling, Petey. Adorable post.

"You're a darling, Petey. Adorable post."

Aren't I though? I think we both are. This whole exchange has been so lovable and charming. Like a Norman Rockwell painting. It's just so amusing when a child on the internet tries to communicate on the level of an intelligent grown man such as I, only to trip and fall over such basic logic while skinning his little chin. It's gonna be O.K. little guy. We all make little mistakes in this big cruel world, but we admit them, learn from them and move on. That's how we grow lil' champ. So just dust yourself off, read my words more carefully next time, and think before you type. Dad's always gonna be here to lift you up when you fail, not laugh at your chubby little moon face for being wrong. You'll get it right next time.