Are corner men allowed to have cell phone access?

Admittedly, this is a crazy theory, but here is why I ask:

Cameras are always in fighters corners in between rounds. If a fighter discloses an injury ("I think I broke my hand", for example), fight commentators tend to pick up on it and will comment.

If a guy has people on the outside watching they, in theory, could shoot a quick text to their team saying hey so-and-so hurt his whatever-it-may-be. And guys could exploit that injury.

Also, commentators sometimes give pretty good in-fight adjustment suggestions after seeing things in slow motion on replay. Again, coaches could use that info. to their advantage.

Granted, there are time delays and what not for video feeds, but in a 5 round fight, there is plenty of time to relay info.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

I've wondered about this and figured they weren't allowed electronic devices, but that's just an assumption Phone Post 3.0

I'd assume it would be better to just wear an ear piece and have someone in the back watching the fights and relaying stuff to you. Phone Post 3.0

Eh if a corner is relying on the advice of people online or commentators at ring side, they shouldn't be cornermen Phone Post 3.0

And there is only 1 minute between rounds, that's not enough time to text, get text back, then give advice although I'm sure this has happened Phone Post 3.0

Cornering a fight is very much an in the moment kind of thing. You don't want to be sending texts and videos. You might use your phone for a timer or a camera but doubtful you're gonna be communicating to anyone but the fighter you are cornering and your other cornerman/men. Phone Post 3.0

Brigham - Eh if a corner is relying on the advice of people online or commentators at ring side, they shouldn't be cornermen Phone Post 3.0
I don't know about that.

Sometimes it's as simple as a bad viewing angle if the action is on the far side of the octagon, no? Phone Post 3.0

Injury_Duty - Admittedly, this is a crazy theory, but here is why I ask:

Cameras are always in fighters corners in between rounds. If a fighter discloses an injury ("I think I broke my hand", for example), fight commentators tend to pick up on it and will comment.

If a guy has people on the outside watching they, in theory, could shoot a quick text to their team saying hey so-and-so hurt his whatever-it-may-be. And guys could exploit that injury.

Also, commentators sometimes give pretty good in-fight adjustment suggestions after seeing things in slow motion on replay. Again, coaches could use that info. to their advantage.

Granted, there are time delays and what not for video feeds, but in a 5 round fight, there is plenty of time to relay info.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0
I think I read somewhere that right after the ending of the Machida fight Greg Jackson quickly received a text to tell Jones about going and getting some fans... Phone Post 3.0

Injury_Duty -
Brigham - Eh if a corner is relying on the advice of people online or commentators at ring side, they shouldn't be cornermen Phone Post 3.0
I don't know about that.

Sometimes it's as simple as a bad viewing angle if the action is on the far side of the octagon, no? Phone Post 3.0
That's true Phone Post 3.0

AgedCaviar - Cornering a fight is very much an in the moment kind of thing. You don't want to be sending texts and videos. You might use your phone for a timer or a camera but doubtful you're gonna be communicating to anyone but the fighter you are cornering and your other cornerman/men. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed.

But again, I'm not suggesting detailed texts or videos. Maybe something like "he can't see out if his right eye" or "he thinks his left rib might be broken". Phone Post 3.0

Gomrad -
Injury_Duty - Admittedly, this is a crazy theory, but here is why I ask:

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0
I think I read somewhere that right after the ending of the Machida fight Greg Jackson quickly received a text to tell Jones about going and getting some fans... Phone Post 3.0
Everybody knows Jackson doesn't use a cell phone.

Telepathy. Phone Post 3.0

Injury_Duty -
AgedCaviar - Cornering a fight is very much an in the moment kind of thing. You don't want to be sending texts and videos. You might use your phone for a timer or a camera but doubtful you're gonna be communicating to anyone but the fighter you are cornering and your other cornerman/men. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed.

But again, I'm not suggesting detailed texts or videos. Maybe something like "he can't see out if his right eye" or "he thinks his left rib might be broken". Phone Post 3.0
I see your point. With technology what it is that is a potential advantage to be exploited. However, Your corner, if skilled should be able to make and relay the same observations. Phone Post 3.0

The UFC Fans app has a feature where you can listen to the corners if you're in the arena. Be easy to have an ear piece and listen to opponents corner. Phone Post 3.0

I could see it happening. With how fast texts send now. And the corner could just look at it very quickly. Most likely not responding with anything bigger then just "K". But chances they win the fight over a text they get will be unlikely. May help though! Phone Post 3.0

Paging The Pav Phone Post 3.0

thats actually a really good idea if they figured out the best way to make it work.

DJmixmasterMobbie - thats actually a really good idea if they figured out the best way to make it work.
Top MMA camps should hire Bill Belichick Phone Post 3.0

Why on earth would texting someone that a fighter is hurt, or texting anything at all be beneficial? I cannot think of one situation where texting anyone anything would be a good idea.

303 - Why on earth would texting someone that a fighter is hurt, or texting anything at all be beneficial? I cannot think of one situation where texting anyone anything would be a good idea.

"He has a broken rib, focus on the left side of his body"

How would that not help a corner/fighter?

I hope so.

Imagine having a phone during Arlovski vs Schaub?

You could have amused yourself by browsing the OG. Phone Post 3.0