Are dogs sexist?

My pooch seems to like me more then my gf. She follows me around, gets more excited when she sees me, only brings me her toys, etc. It breaks my girls heart but I told her that it's probably because I'm bigger and have a deeper voice so she sees me as the alpha (not to mention I'm an OGer). I think dogs just tend to follow the male in the house more because of this reason. She doesn't believe me and thinks the dog just hates her. 

Back me up here OG. Does your dog seem to like you more then your lady? Or am I full of shit and our dog just hates her? 

They are. My chi loves women.  He loves my daughters and any stranger who's female she has no issue with.  If a male stranger comes near her she loses her shit. 

My mom has one of those tiny dogs and it absolutely loves her and hates everyone else. When I visit the dog does nothing but steers clear. When my mom goes to run errands it sits at the door and just whines and whines until she returns.

Tried to get the dog to play or do anything while shes gone and all the dog wants to do is sit at that door and wait.

I think there's something in this.
My girlfriend has a dog and I have a dog.
Both dogs follow me around the house and generally seem to prefer me. My girlfriend just accepts that it's because I'm the male of the house.

Animals respond to leadership and people they can manipulate.

Huh mixed responses. I guess it just depends on the dog. My dogs always followed my dad growing up so I just assumed it was cause he called the shots and they could tell.  

My dogs follow my wife around because she feeds and walks them more. They listen to me more than her though, and are very affectionate with both of us. 

pahulkster -

My dogs follow my wife around because she feeds and walks them more. They listen to me more than her though, and are very affectionate with both of us. 

See but we both do that about equally. My gf feeds and walks her in the morning and I take the night shift after work. She listens to both of us, but she just doesn't seem to be as affectionate with her. Which is weird because my gf got her as a puppy a little bit before she met me. It's the reason why she gets so butthurt that the dog likes me more lol. 

I do have some male dogs that took a lot longer to respect my female employee. She is the appropriate tough, too.

Mu.

It's probably who nurtured and played with them the most as a puppy. My wifes English Bulldog completely ignores me and follows her everywhere, my lab on the other hand loves me more than anyone else. Decoy spends all day everyday with me so I'm sure that's the reason.