Are people inherently good? Or inherently evil?

Serious question, looking for
Serious responses.

When you book it all down/ do you think man is inherently good, and merely
LEARNS evil?

Or do you believe we are inherently evil and, if not TAUGHT to be kind, compassionate, we would merely resort to primal "survival of the fittest" mentalities? Phone Post 3.0

Neither.

Inherently selfish.

Inherently survivalist at all cost.

Blank canvas. Phone Post 3.0

I feel people are inherently good. Phone Post 3.0

ndenis - Blank canvas. Phone Post 3.0
I'm with the ninja of love on this one. It's just conditioning. Phone Post 3.0

Yossarian - Inherently selfish.
This! Phone Post 3.0

Yossarian - Inherently selfish.

,self absorbed and lacking empathy

I think some evil fuckers think they are good

This. Phone Post 3.0

Ding ding ding ding! We've got a winner. Phone Post 3.0

Yossarian - Inherently selfish.

This is my answer as well.

Evil. Next question. Phone Post 3.0

I think some people are predisposed toward evil acts.

instinct makes humans be "me first"as far as survival goes. so thats closer to evil than good imo

ndenis - Blank canvas. Phone Post 3.0

This

Their upbringing and environment dictate everything imo.

Inherently evil. That doesn't mean every person wants to kill puppies and destroy the world, but in comparison to the idea of true holiness there is no question. Look at the history of the world and your local, city, state, national or world news and tell me that mankind is not evil.

we are a social creature. Clearly we do not function as efficiently alone as we do in groups.

If good is defined as helping the common cause i would say that humans have a natural tendencies to help each other than the opposite and are therefore good.

There are outliers but generally i think people want to help each other

Munk - Inherently evil. That doesn't mean every person wants to kill puppies and destroy the world, but in comparison to the idea of true holiness there is no question. Look at the history of the world and your local, city, state, national or world news and tell me that mankind is not evil.

i will tell you that those that gain power will do anything to keep it.

But throughout history those in power are minorities (there is no other way it could be).
Power corrupts, and its learned.

A family, community, tribe, society will help each other until one feels better than the others, then problems start.