Are ripstop pants worth it?

So my gi pants got torn in training tonight, so I think I need some new gi pants. Gameness ripstop pants seem pretty reasonably priced. Has anyone used these or can you recommend some other durable pants

No.

I have never worn the rip stop pants myself however I can say that the only time I have ever torn the pants of training partners while rolling they have been ripstop.

So either ripstop pants do not stop rips all that well or they give your opponents super human strength, either way probably not the greatest.

I have the Atama Mundial #9 ripstop pants and they're awesome. Best pants ever.

TheBulgarianAssassin - I have the Atama Mundial #9 ripstop pants and they're awesome. Best pants ever.

Same here. Picked some up for 20 bucks from the Atama website awhile back. Best pants I have. My only complaint is that they run a little big but the material is wonderful.

elburrogrande - 
TheBulgarianAssassin - I have the Atama Mundial #9 ripstop pants and they're awesome. Best pants ever.

Same here. Picked some up for 20 bucks from the Atama website awhile back. Best pants I have. My only complaint is that they run a little big but the material is wonderful.

Did you get it on a annual sale or something?

I need new pants but I can't justify paying $60 on pants. I have pants but it's tough constantly washing my only pair between classes.

Atama seem to be the best. Mine have held up well.

Had a pair of Fushida that ripped after very little use. My Shoyoroll are about to go also.

Seems like the weak point on ripstop isn't the fabric, it's the stitching used to put them together. Personally I don't like the feel of the fabric, much prefer regular cotton.

James

The gameness ripstops are awesome! I have only gameness products and have never had any problems. They may run a little big but aint nothing the drier can fix. Phone Post

The only ones I have are Shoyorolls. I have 2 of them and one pair just ripped from ankle to nuts after a couple months of occasional use (I have over 20 gis so I don't wear any of them consistantly). They ripped right in the middle of the material so it wasn't a weak seam or anything like that. I was super bummed because I bought them to replace the pants that came with one of my Shoyoroll's because that pair of pants shrunk to hell. Ugh. I will post a picture if I remember.

When you guys mention the ripstop's tearing, is it primarily the pants?

Ripstops are great, only if they're 100% cotton. Never tries the Gameness ones though.

I've been using a pair Atama mundial ripstops for 3 years & they're just as strong as day 1. Atama makes 2 types of ripstop, look for the 100% cotton, avoid the cotton/poly blend.

so retarded, we need just straight cotton only. Companies need to realize this and quit w this latest fad trend.

Pride ripstop pants - very good. No issues at all since I got them last year in Brazil. Despite having 3 gi's I mainly wear this gi for comfort and lightness.

Resident A Hole - Atama makes 2 types of ripstop, look for the 100% cotton, avoid the cotton/poly blend.

What's the difference? The cotton/poly blend are the Mundial #9 and are more expensive. Thats what I got and I find em to be awesome. I figured the 100% cotton ones were not as good cuz they're cheaper.

Narsil - what the fuck happened to the price of just pants

could have swore they were 30 something a few months ago and now they are almost 60?

gtfo

Dude...keep up

they are 78.95 as i type...and rising

cotton...very expensive

rolls eyes

Rip stop pants suck Phone Post

lol. Funny how people were bitching that Howard was talking shit two months ago when he tried to warn people about the rise in costs. I see that they are silent now.

Have several pairs of Atama rip stop pants. They are worth it. I also have the Vulcan MKM Competition gi ordered with Rip Stop pants. They hold up better to training

ttt