Are Rottweilers as dangerous as pit bulls?

Are Rottweilers as dangerous as American pit bull terriers?

Seems like there are endless cases of pit bulls attacking dogs, animals, children and people. And most noticably not letting go of the bite. Do Rottweilers behave similarly?

While they don't lock on I have found Rots are more likely to bite in general

My wifes cousins parents have two rescues. They killed a cat last year, and just yesterday killed a newly introduced puppy. I'd say, blame the owners. You have to be alpha to get such a dog.

I could actually ask the same about Dobermans.

Yes. Rotts are likely more rare than pitbulls why you see less stories. Pitbulls have to be one of the most bred dogs

I have been around a few Rottys and dont get the same feeling around them as I do with Pits. I have seen Pits snap and fuck anything up including their owner, Rottys are like an angry retard, very strong but dumb as shit and can get intimidated if you are confident.

jonpall - I could actually ask the same about Dobermans.

the pitbulls of the 70s and 80s?

trobinson21 -
player101 -

I have been around a few Rottys and dont get the same feeling around them as I do with Pits. I have seen Pits snap and fuck anything up including their owner, Rottys are like an angry retard, very strong but dumb as shit and can get intimidated if you are confident.

Rottweilers are smart as fuck brother.

Not the ones I have been around. Granted, I have only been around 2 of them for an extensive period. They were dumb as fuck.

Yea rotties are some of the smartest dogs actually. 

I had a Doberman for 10 years. So smart and friendly it was almost silly. I had a Rottie for about 6 months. Goofy, not very smart (or at least not a good listener/learner but definitely not unfriendly.

The main difference between Rotties, Dobie's and Pits are that Rotties and Dobies have been bred for generations to be GUARD dogs

Pits have been bred for generations to KILL

There's a difference. If you're unsure of exactly what that is think about the difference between a Mall Cop and an Axe Murderer

Mywife was vomittingcaiseshedu -

My wifes cousins parents have two rescues. They killed a cat last year, and just yesterday killed a newly introduced puppy. I'd say, blame the owners. You have to be alpha to get such a dog.

Now you know why they were rescues. Killing cats and puppies, sound like a wonderful pair that needs to be put down. Rotts aren't game bred hunting dogs.

Im couple years I on my second rotwieller first one died of old age.They are smart and listen well but you need to teach them who's boss from when they are a puppy.At least thats what we did.They have never growled or raised a lip at anyone that have came into my home.

Every Rottie I have been around has been awesome, always wanted one but could never afford it, ended up getting a half rott/gsd for 50 dollars, best dog I ever had

holly9000 - I had a Doberman for 10 years. So smart and friendly it was almost silly. I had a Rottie for about 6 months. Goofy, not very smart (or at least not a good listener/learner but definitely not unfriendly.

The main difference between Rotties, Dobie's and Pits are that Rotties and Dobies have been bred for generations to be GUARD dogs

Pits have been bred for generations to KILL

There's a difference. If you're unsure of exactly what that is think about the difference between a Mall Cop and an Axe Murderer

That's a good analogy. Pitts definitely can do more damage with their bites but rotties and dobermans have always looked the scariest to me. 

Thanks.

Rotties have the scariest growl out of the bunch for sure

I've always wanted a dobie. Have met 2 and they were the friendliest most mild mannered dogs I've ever encountered. All anecdotal, of course.

In hs, one of my friends older brothers had a rottweiler that I wrestled with hard, all the time
He fought like hell but never a scratch or a bite

I've had 3 Rotties. Excellent dogs. They do need lots of socializing with other dogs and believe it or not naturally have a don't like black people trait. Get them around young children and puppies immediately. My first 2 killed a dog that got into my backyard on 2 different instances. The third Rot bite a meter man. I had a sign and a account note not to enter without me being there. New guy learned a lesson. Great dogs, but they need guidance and social skills. They defended my house and yard at all costs. Sweet a pie if I was around or they knew someone. Friends would come and walk in during the day. Bad idea at night tho.

My last name is Rottweiler and I don't bite

hard