are there any real coleman fans or

Colemans throws are more powerful.

I almost want Bonnar to win just to see everyone's excuses and how they can spin the Coleman loss into a "WIN" like they've done with the Shogun fight.. a fight that he lost

"His conditioning and cardio for the Shogun fight was terrible."

Sure, but it still let him keep taking Shogun down, keep avoiding submissions, and hang in there on the feet. Bonnar doesnt have the greatest cardio either, doesnt have Shogun's wrestling and doesn't have Shogun's power.

I am a legit old school Coleman fan. I joke around a little bit, but I really do want him to win, and he really is my favorite fighter ever.

Stephan has never been known for having great takedown defense. He's been shown that he can be taken down by a decent grappler, and he gets frustrated on the ground.

War Coleman!

ShanTheMan - 
Squared Circle - As real as it gets.

i'm just saying that he is 2 and 4 in his last six fights and is not getting any younger. even though bonnar lost to jon jones, he looked good, jones just looked better.

^^that's true, but the closest thing he has to a "legit win" since 2003 is against don frye.

mdrndaysamurai - ^^that's true, but the closest thing he has to a "legit win" since 2003 is against don frye.

Reality disagrees with this.

Like it or not, his win against Shogun was due to HIS TAKEDOWN.

BiggGunn -
mdrndaysamurai - ^^that's true, but the closest thing he has to a "legit win" since 2003 is against don frye.

how so?

mdrndaysamurai - 
BiggGunn -
mdrndaysamurai - ^^that's true, but the closest thing he has to a "legit win" since 2003 is against don frye.

how so?

As I was pointing out while editing my post, his win over Shogun was strictly due to Coleman's takedown. One of the first rules of wrestling is you don't stop being taken down by posting your arm. Shogun tried to and his arm broke.

Its a legit win.

ok, i forgot about the milco voorn fight in '05.

"
As I was pointing out while editing my post, his win over Shogun was strictly due to Coleman's takedown. One of the first rules of wrestling is you don't stop being taken down by posting your arm. Shogun tried to and his arm broke."

would you say the same about cory hill breaking his leg while throwing a kick?

Kirik -  If Coleman, who invented and named Ground n Pound, uses his wrestling, he should have the edge. His endurance is an unknown at this point.

Bottom line on this fight is this. I like Bonnar. I thought he beat Forrest in their first fight. But ultimately it depends on if Coleman has enough cardio for 3X takedowns into ground and point.

I also don't think Bonnar's been as good since Carlson died.

Coleman is going to muder Bonnar. Sad thing is Bonnar knows it.

mdrndaysamurai - "
As I was pointing out while editing my post, his win over Shogun was strictly due to Coleman's takedown. One of the first rules of wrestling is you don't stop being taken down by posting your arm. Shogun tried to and his arm broke."

would you say the same about cory hill breaking his leg while throwing a kick?

Cory Hill broke his leg while HE was throwing a kick.

Shogun's arm broke while BEING taken down by Coleman.

Its pretty obvious there's a difference between the two, unless you're just trying to do a shitty troll job.

"Cory Hill broke his leg while HE was throwing a kick.

Shogun's arm broke while BEING taken down by Coleman.

Its pretty obvious there's a difference between the two, unless you're just trying to do a shitty troll job."

not trying to troll, just saying that the kick was countered and just happened to break cory's leg. coleman shot a takedown that was defended (although poorly)that just happened to break shogun's arm.

not saying shogun didn't make a mistake, but i know i wouldn't be happy winning like that.

I used to be a Ken Shamrock fan way back in the day. But after his "performance in Ultimate Ultimate 1996 and then leaving for the WWE I lost all respect for him and looked for another favorite fighter.

Mark Coleman filled that spot. I loved his intensity. He didn't finesse you with technique. He mauled you to the ground and pounded the shit out of you. I loved watching him ground and pound people. I loved his interviews and quotes(This is for all of my freestyle buddies/I'm going to fucking, I'm going to take him down and pound the shit out of him).

I was bummed when he lost to Mo Smith. I was pissed when he lost to Rizzo( I still think Coleman won). I was amazed when he lost to Petey and I was fucking stoked when he won the Grand Prix. I think I like 95% of the world expected Kerr to win it all.

Coleman is one of my favorite fighters of all time and if Couture can come out as an old man and mop the florr with people than I don't see why people write Coleman off. I know Coleman isn't as well rounded but he has improved since the days of UFC10 when he first showed up.

BET THE HOUSE