Are they overstacking the UFC 205 card?

I get it's the first event at Madison Square Garden. But man, couldn't some of these fights be on earlier or later cards? Is this going to result in some watered down cards before and after it?

I mean, they didn't even have enough good fights or a backup plan to make UFC 200 very good. On the "main card" they ended up having DC fight a 40 something year old MW (Andy) who hadn't won a fight in 4 years. UFC 100 was way better and more memorable than UFC 200. That should never have been the case.

Yet 205 is totally stacked and can afford a fighter or two getting hurt, or testing positive, etc. and still be a great card, because of the huge depth.

But, do you guys like having so many eggs in one basket, so to speak? I just wonder what this will do to other events around 205. Yes, it should be a great and memorable card, but they could also spread some of these awesome fights (on paper, anyway) around and onto other cards.

Anyway, just my opinion. Curious what you guys think about how stacked UFC 205 is and if you think it's a good thing, or would like to see some of these fights on other cards to help balance events out, or not.

Isn't the rest of the year pretty much scheduled? All the cards I've seen have looked pretty good for the most part. Phone Post 3.0

I'll happily take 2 weaker cards to accommodate this monster. It will be the finest night of fights that I've ever seen. Phone Post 3.0

That Brazil card is looking pretty weak though. Phone Post 3.0

They should have less events anyways.

PPVs and FOX main cards should be stacked, those are the most important, most watched events. Everything else is filler.

No

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as too stacked.

The more amazing fights you can cram onto a card the better.

Even if it does result in a few cards afterwards being a little less stacked thats ok.

The ufcs roster is so fucking huge and deep nowadays that I can't see any reason they could need to spread things out when at any given moment they could pull a fight out of their ass I will care about.

There are 3 division belts on the line for 205. That leaves 8 more to be played with in the coming months.

I just think the UFC has enough talent that they can pull shit like this and not hit a noticable dip in good fights

Probably a little. I'm not sure why they are making such a big deal about NY. Las Vegas is the fight capital now.

Wait for the injuries.. Phone Post 3.0

Overstacked? What does that even mean? Lol

It's too much for op to handle

StrikingMMA - Probably a little. I'm not sure why they are making such a big deal about NY. Las Vegas is the fight capital now.

Yeah, they are really treating NY nicely. Again, I get it's Madison Square Garden, but man.

206 is a great Canadian card. Will set records Phone Post 3.0

Thingading -
StrikingMMA - Probably a little. I'm not sure why they are making such a big deal about NY. Las Vegas is the fight capital now.

Yeah, they are really treating NY nicely. Again, I get it's Madison Square Garden, but man.

But man...........too many good fights. 

Faggits will complain about anything. 

luctaro -

PPVs and FOX main cards should be stacked, those are the most important, most watched events. Everything else is filler.

This

They stacked almost every card the rest of the year Phone Post 3.0

No

Other cards look good too Phone Post 3.0

scrapdo - 
luctaro -

This

I'm with this, too. Quality over quantity.

OP, your answer is no. You have been conditioned to expect far less for your money. This is what PPVs' are supposed to look like. they're charging you $65 to watch on a television set you had to go out and buy, for Pete's sake.

PPV = so compelling, so must see, they will charge you and you will pay it, because it's too good to pass up, despite everything that is on free TV. The Super Bowl is on free TV.

Answer: Yes - Even Dana said this last event sucked balls.