Are you a Rickson Gracie student?

ttt for rickson

ttt for rickson

Structured in the sense that you are not just turned loose to roll for an hour or more. In the typical class, the first 20 minutes are warmup, the next 20 are for techniques/drilling, and the next 20 are for rolling/sparring/practicing your techniques with opponents. It's not like some places in Brazil or Carlson's in Chicago where you come in when you want and just roll as you please. There is structure to the class.

Whizzard - 1 hour of training total sounds little to me.

1-5 h at least, preffer 2 hours of training.

20 minutes of sparring????

That is nothing.

After the regular classes, there is open training where you can roll for another hour if you like.

Sounds like a big waste of money. How much are the Rickson students paying a month?

Whizzrd,

oh...That's cool then. Didnt realize the mat was still available for people to spar on after the hour. Cool!

If I was paying for 20mins, 1/3rd of my class time, warming up, I'd ask for 1/3 of my monthy dues back. Whether it was Rickson's school or not.

ComputerWarrior - "Sounds like a big waste of money." Training jiu-jitsu at Rickson's school is a waste of time? Sorry, no. Reading your post, however...

Man, some people just have to take a shot at Rickson or anything affiliated with Rickson, when it's clear they don't know what they are talking about...