Are you afraid to die?

Why? Do you think you will be missed?  Someone needs you?  Your life is good it is too good to end now?  Your life has been shit but all that is about to change?  

1 Like

I only fear for the OG when I'm gone.....

7 Likes

RhinoHog -

the OG will remember you...i'm not sure I've seen you before but I'll remember you now.

Yes and no. 

for myself, no but for my son...that would worry him  he lives with me and I'm his rock  his life would be substantially worse if he was with his mom. Completely different path for sure

kungfugrip -

Yes and no. 

for myself, no but for my son...that would worry him  he lives with me and I'm his rock  his life would be substantially worse if he was with his mom. Completely different path for sure

do you have a plan for the "what if...".  how old is your boy?

1 Like

fnunderful - 
RhinoHog -

the OG will remember you...i'm not sure I've seen you before but I'll remember you now.

Thanks Bud....

RhinoHog -
fnunderful - 
RhinoHog -

Thanks Bud....

we are all in it alone together...

No. I'd have some regrets about not experiencing or accomplishing some things, but other than that, my kids are grown and competent and I think I've left a positive impact in general. 

1 Like

ABCTT_SENNIN -

No. I'd have some regrets about not experiencing or accomplishing some things, but other than that, my kids are grown and competent and I think I've left a positive impact in general. 

what do you think you missed?

No but I am afraid of doing it myself, mostly the uncertainty of it and there is no real appeal in death beyond escaping what ails you in life. I have no dependents, so I don't have the stress of looking after anyone else, thankfully. I'd be ok with dying in my sleep tonight, my poor health prevents me from enjoying life and I don't see that changing in the future. 

3 Likes

TheHound -

No but I am afraid of doing it myself, mostly the uncertainty of it and there is no real appeal in death beyond escaping what ails you in life. I have no dependents, so I don't have the stress of looking after anyone else, thankfully. I'd be ok with dying in my sleep tonight, my poor health prevents me from enjoying life and I don't see that changing in the future. 

what keeps you from being healthy? what kinds of things are you not enjoying because of your health?

kungfugrip - 

Yes and no. 

Same. Me, not at all. Not even a bit.

I don't think my children would have a very good life without me and that's not a money thing. I am their wrong and they'd be raised very poorly otherwise.

I need more time to leave something for those I’d leave behind. I don’t have enough now in my opinion to take care of those I want to. For myself? Had a good run, so what happens, happens. I can only hope my death will be swift and I don’t linger in a gimp state with someone having to wipe my ass, etc. 

As long as my life insurance is paid up I'm not afraid to go

fnunderful -
TheHound -

what keeps you from being healthy? what kinds of things are you not enjoying because of your health?

Diseases, that cannot be properly managed by modern medicine. I am in discomfort, no longer dating, on disability as of last year, work part time to supplement my income. Idk, i'm just ill, i've spent over a decade, better part of two trying to get my health back to normalcy, I can't, i'm miserable. I feel like i've repeated this story online a hundred times so I don't want to go into it again. Basically, my physical health is shit beyond my control and I no longer enjoy my life.

1 Like

fnunderful -
ABCTT_SENNIN -

what do you think you missed?

Two chicks at the same time 

Through hike of the PCT

Going to the Philippines

First grandkid

REALLY not working for more than a month at once. 

1 Like

ABCTT_SENNIN -

I told you the room number and everything. What you missed is your own fault.

3 Likes

Id say we shared some of the same ground. I felt him come and go on a couple of occasions. Ive seen what he leaves behind. I hope when my time comes, ill be human enough to let go with the feeling ive done enough....served my sentence.

Not really, just hope it won't be painful.

fnunderful -
kungfugrip -

Yes and no. 

do you have a plan for the "what if...".  how old is your boy?

Life insurance yes

he'd go with mom and he'd be ok. A lot less quality experiences. She's more hill climbs and I'm more for more defined activities