Are You Watching Football If It Happens?

I'm probably skipping out on the NFL if they have a season this year, and my favorite team is actually doing pretty well recently.

I get way too invested and if they start doing poorly it ruins my day. Affects my relationship with my wife a bit because she gets dejected about me planning the weekend around football, basically. It's also a lot less of escapism now with the politics being injected.

I think I'm just over it. Might watch college because I'm much more even keeled about my fandom and it's less polarized, but that isn't looking so good at the moment.

Also over fantasy football. It's just one big worthless energy and time sink.

2 Likes

Definitely will watch college football. Will watch pro if I'm bored on a sunday. Really wanting the f'n NBA to get fired back up.

there won't college this year, at least in the fall. I'm thinking if I do I won't tune in until long after the nation anthem ect BS is over.

1 Like

For sure. Be fun to watch the Giants get their heads kicked in for a few weeks. 

wont watch the first game

cruedi - there won't college this year, at least in the fall. I'm thinking if I do I won't tune in until long after the nation anthem ect BS is over.

College football is doing that too, or are you speaking about the NFL regarding the anthem?

I watch HS, College & NFL. I can’t wait until sports return to normal. I wanted to go to the week 1 SNF game at the new LA stadium :(. I have a buddy here in So Cal who is a Jets fans and the Jets play in LA twice this year and he may not be able to go to one :(

I watch all the football I can. Youth-hs-college-NFL. My fiance supports my fandom and is learning the game so she can enjoy the experience with me. Buys me football related stuff from time to time.

What I think most men need to do is stop the "mancave-this is my time" type of mentality. Women can like football to and make it a family event and not make it a personal one.

My family is a football family. My father coaches as was the president of all of Popwarner for the state of Maryland for a few years and still coaches to this day. My aunts fiance owns a college football recruiting business and just loves to get kids college scholarships to chase their dreams. I played and coaches. My cousins and their kids have all played and coached. Its deeply built into our family makeup.

maybe the first game just to see what happens.  but i've grown tired of the nfl and quit watching for many reasons the biggest being there are just too many games.  it eats up your entire sunday if you let it (which is too easy to do) plus 2 weeknights.

Hate the SJW but I’m too in love with football to not watch.  That being said I’ll illegally stream that shit

I usually only watch one, maybe two games a week and there isn't anything  else on, so most likely.

I'll watch the Bears games, that's probably about it.

ScreenName22 -

Long time NFL fan. Religiously watched for the past 30 years and even argued for the NFL because 99% of the people have always stood for the flag during that kneeling crap. With that said...

I'm probably sitting this year out.

Just take a permanent hike from the game since you seem to be too dense to understand that kneeling has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag. 

Your boycott means nothing. 

2 Likes

I'm still thinking about it...

Nope. Purged football quite a few years ago. It's actually very annoying to attempt to watch most games now. 

I’ve lost interest over the years. Fantasy is really the only thing that makes me pay attention to it. I’ll watch some but not as much as I use to.

1 Like

Not NFL. Will have to watch college and my Auburn Tigers though. I don't hold it against someone if they can't bring themselves to not watch if they are emotionally invested in a team. Just not going to watch NFL myself because I disagree with all the political bs.

I swear the last time I legit got bummed over a sporting event was sakuraba/wand 3 lol. 

I don’t understand  how people get so emotionally invested in other men playing a game to the point it ruins their day or week. 

EFM -

maybe the first game just to see what happens.  but i've grown tired of the nfl and quit watching for many reasons the biggest being there are just too many games.  it eats up your entire sunday if you let it (which is too easy to do) plus 2 weeknights.

I only watch it once in a blue moon or go to a buddies house. You’re right, it takes so much time

StutheJu -
ScreenName22 -

Long time NFL fan. Religiously watched for the past 30 years and even argued for the NFL because 99% of the people have always stood for the flag during that kneeling crap. With that said...

Just take a permanent hike from the game since you seem to be too dense to understand that kneeling has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag. 

This same, tired, justification again?  "Its ain't about the flaaaaaaaag!!!!!!"   What a pussy people like you are. 

Go back and reread what 81 IQ Kaep said the first time he was asked about it. 

1 Like

ShortElbowInTheClinch -
StutheJu -
ScreenName22 -

This same, tired, justification again?  "Its ain't about the flaaaaaaaag!!!!!!"   What a pussy people like you are. 

Go back and reread what 81 IQ Kaep said the first time he was asked about it. 

Kaep is no longer the face of the movement. He started it but it has evolved since then. Like I told your buddy before you....go ahead and sit it out. The NFL is in no danger of folding because some righteous bigot on an MMA message board decides to boycott.