Ariel Helwani facts for idiots

Ariel Helwani is a reporter ) Fact
Ariel Helwani does not work for the ufc) fact
Ariel Helwani does not need to make sure its ok with the ufc to run a story)fact
Ariel Helwani job includes reporting on things that might make the ufc mad.)fact
Ariel Helwani would be a horrible reporter if he asked the ufc to ok his stories)fact
Ariel Helwani should have made sure it was ok to break the lesner story) fuck no
For all you idiots that are saying Ariel Helwani did it to himself or that he should have known better.......
Its called freedom of the Press and had this happened in boxing ..Hell what am I saying ..It would never happen in boxing because the lawyers would have a fucking field day....
If you think this is going to stand your retarded. 5 mins in court is all that this is going to take to make Ariel Helwani a very rich reporter.

Yep. People that disagree are incapable of any real thought processes. Vu Phone Post 3.0

UFC doesn't give a shit....fact. Phone Post 3.0

Remember this isn't the first time the UFC has had issues with him, especially regarding leaked information.

Take it from a business standpoint. You are about to announce a very big fight, one that will no doubt put their ratings over the million mark. And a journalist leaks the info moments before the UFC can announce it. It takes the surprise out of the announcement for the UFC, and could hurt business.

Yes I understand journalism but Ariel should have been smart enough to hold off on reporting until the UFC made it official. Literally wait seconds after the UFC announces it, then publish it.

You can bet if this had been done to Vince Mcmahon and the WWE, that reporter would have been treated exactly the same.

I for one am not a fan of Helwani at all. Everyone seems to think he is this great journalist but IMO he is not. He has connections to stories, then reports them. His interviewing skills are subpar.

FighterSpirit -

Remember this isn't the first time the UFC has had issues with him, especially regarding leaked information.

Take it from a business standpoint. You are about to announce a very big fight, one that will no doubt put their ratings over the million mark. And a journalist leaks the info moments before the UFC can announce it. It takes the surprise out of the announcement for the UFC, and could hurt business.

Yes I understand journalism but Ariel should have been smart enough to hold off on reporting until the UFC made it official. Literally wait seconds after the UFC announces it, then publish it.

You can bet if this had been done to Vince Mcmahon and the WWE, that reporter would have been treated exactly the same.

I for one am not a fan of Helwani at all. Everyone seems to think he is this great journalist but IMO he is not. He has connections to stories, then reports them. His interviewing skills are subpar.

In your opinion who is the best journalist in MMA?

How many people are even checking Twitter, let alone ariels tweets when the fights are on? I was at a little party with a lot of people who follow the sport and no one expected the announcement Phone Post 3.0

The party has spoken.

We should be grateful he didn't mysteriously disappear.

UFC doesn't give a shit how many threads you guys make for Ariel....Fact

Why did they let him stay until the main event?

It seems like they did it on purpose to make the boot hurt more.

unjust - Ariel Helwani is a reporter ) Fact
Ariel Helwani does not need to make sure its ok with the ufc to run a story)fact
Ariel Helwani job includes reporting on things that might make the ufc mad.)fact
Ariel Helwani would be a horrible reporter if he asked the ufc to ok his stories)fact
Ariel Helwani should have made sure it was ok to break the lesner story) fuck no
For all you idiots that are saying Ariel Helwani did it to himself or that he should have known better.......
Its called freedom of the Press and had this happened in boxing ..Hell what am I saying ..It would never happen in boxing because the lawyers would have a fucking field day....
If you think this is going to stand your retarded. 5 mins in court is all that this is going to take to make Ariel Helwani a very rich reporter.

I never thought this would stand my retarded.

What exactly will happen in court to make Ariel very rich? 

FighterSpirit -

How could it possibly hurt business?

Most people who follow MMAFIGHTING either buy most ppvs or stream them illegally. These are not the people they need Brock lesnar for.

He is for casual fans who follow the sport for major fights, for the WWE crossover, or for the randoms who recognize his name and his significance and go wow that is a big fight maybe I should watch it.

Even if these people did hear the news before hand, what happens is they go, "oh wow cool, that's neat, maybe i should watch the fight." IN what reality does the source of this news affect their interest in it, it might actually create anticipation for the actual announcement to see if it is legitimate. You know all this hype for Conor vs Mayweather, does it contribute to the mangitude if it is actually announced, or does it take away from it?

This is what reporters do in sports, they develop relationships, get information and report on it.

I guess the UFC is just following the model of the US government.

He can report all he wants.I think they just dont want him at the events. Can they do that? Im sure they can keep him out of the press area but can they ban him from all live events? Doubt it. Phone Post 3.0

Ariel was an insider, being an 'insider' involves give and take. He took too much, he's out. So long. UFC has a right to issue press passes to members of the press they want at their events.

Although the ironing of walking out reporters who help keep you relevant and then giving camera time to confessed rapist LI. Phone Post 3.0

Let me say this, I missed the announcement while watching commercials on BT sport 2.

so only USA got the news directly!!!

Hey Op, I just want to say there are 2 opinion statements you make, that you claim as fact.

Your post where you are calling out idiots, I just want to also point out that it is "you'RE retarded".

Your retarded cousin doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion.

You're retarded like your cousin.   

See the difference?

Also Ariel being banned is complete bullshit, but OP is coming off in a way that stands out, I couldn't let it go.

what he report ?

unjust - If you think this is going to stand your retarded. 5 mins in court is all that this is going to take to make Ariel Helwani a very rich reporter.

This line right here pretty much sums up the IQ level of Helwani and Clinton supporters.

He didn't even say it was a done deal, only that they were in negotiations.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/4/11859804/brock-lesnar-close-to-finalizing-deal-to-fight-at-ufc-200

unjust - Ariel Helwani is a reporter ) Fact

I agree with you that the UFC's fucked for doing this and should reverse course, but "freedom of the press" is a constitutional restriction on the government, not the UFC. The UFC is a private organization that can ban whoever the fuck they want from their private press access.

It's STUPID for them to do so, to be clear, I'm 100% in agreement with you that this is dumb and the UFC should get off Helwani's dick, but there's no legal case to be made, here. They're within their rights to tell him to get fucked.

unjust - Ariel Helwani is a reporter ) Fact
So you're acknowledging UFC doesn't work with this guy or owe him anything. He crossed a business and they're black balling him... Real simple Phone Post 3.0