Aritcles on "Flow"

Hey guys, I am currently taking a Exercise and Sport Psychology class and am looking for articles on "Flow" or commonly known as "being in the zone." Was hoping to find some related to combat sports.

If anyone knows of any it would be a great help!

www.circularstrengthmag.com (issues 2/1, 2/2 in particular).

www.rmax.tv/bodyflow.html (the reason I wrote the book, the most exhausting coverage of the topic.)

That guy with the long name who came up with the concept, Czihankmihaly or something like that.

I don't believe he's written anything on flow-state relating to combat sports. To which book do you refer?

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

No, he hasn't written anything on Flow in Combat Sports specifically. He paints a broad brush.

As much as I enjoy reading his books, nothing swings your learning curve & transfer like addressing it specifically AND in depth as Scott does.

Zodik, if you are serious about your class, you need to read the text for Bodyflow or even better engage the exercises in it.

All the best,
Aus

Been a few years, guess he doesn't mention combat sports in particular. Another name to look into is Terry Orlick, he is considered the father of modern sport psych and he worked with most of Canada's Olympians since the 70s so he must have worked with boxers, wrestlers and fencers at some point.

Wow. Thanks MS. I found his website. He has a free on-line book. Impressive resume.