MMA Underground Forums

Arlovski 3 strait losses = SF tourney? WTF?

he's lost to Fedor, Rogers & Bigfoot in that order. And he gets a birth in SF's heavyweight tournament? Arlovski would have been great as an alternate, facing somebody like Mike Kyle or something.

Between this & (boy) Cyborg getting a title shot after losing his last fight, it's getting more difficult to take Strikeforce seriously. 

Arlovski has name value and even though he's had some hard times latley he had to do something to get that recognition. Being a former UFC heavweight champion and a generally feared competitor is what got him in this tournament. I think he deserves to be there, Sergei isn't in his best form either and it should be a competitive and entertaining fight.

What u gonna do when Arlovski DOMINATES?? and it's berth, not birth in that sentence. That's what happens when you bag Arlovski, you get a sick burn like that. But seriously, I hope he wins it all and gets back his fierce aggression. Phone Post

gotta laugh at anyone that can't recognize why AA would be in this tourney.

Didn't Cyborg beat Zaromskis in his last fight? Phone Post

actually in every tourney, you have the top guys and the others.

in a 8 man tourney, it is impossible to have 8 top 10 dude....just think about it for a min....and enjoy this GREAT EVENT.

Nuckin Futs - Not sure why they have their arguably top 4 fighters on the same side of the bracket.

It's because each one of Alistars fights will be a 5 round title fight. Werdum is the #1 contender now, the wthe winner of Bigfoot/Fedor would be the next #1 contender, follwed by the winner of the other bracket. It's genius really!

I think Arlovski being a former champ and having a win over Werdum justifies his place and as a fan I'm glad he is in there. I understand the concern over 3 straight losses but if you take him out who should be in there instead?

I'm pretty sure Cyborg did a number on Zaromskis in the first round in his last fight. He looked dangerous too.

Coleman's after fight celebration was almost as epic as making Vovchanchyn tap to knees to the head Phone Post

Get Minowa instead. Phone Post

Ummm Evangelista is coming off of 3 wins. Making stuff up is fun, though. Phone Post

Sagiv Lapkin - 
These guys have already fought each other a ton.

The Reem lost to:

1) Sergei Kharitonov

2) Fabricio Werdum

Werdum lost to:

1) Sergei Kharitonov

2) Andrei Arlovski

Arlovski lost to:

1) Fedor

2) Rogers

3) Bigfoot Silva

Bigfoot Silva lost to:

1) Werdum

Fedor lost to:

1) Werdum

Rogers lost to:

1) Fedor

2) The Reem

Sergei Kharitonov lost to:

1) The Reem

Holy cow.  I didn't realize it was THAT bad. 

A 21 Second BJ - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 
These guys have already fought each other a ton.

The Reem lost to:

1) Sergei Kharitonov

2) Fabricio Werdum

Werdum lost to:

1) Sergei Kharitonov

2) Andrei Arlovski

Arlovski lost to:

1) Fedor

2) Rogers

3) Bigfoot Silva

Bigfoot Silva lost to:

1) Werdum

Fedor lost to:

1) Werdum

Rogers lost to:

1) Fedor

2) The Reem

Sergei Kharitonov lost to:

1) The Reem

Holy cow.  I didn't realize it was THAT bad. 

MMath says....BARNETT WINS EASY!

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Jack Skellington - he's lost to Fedor, Rogers & Bigfoot in that order. And he gets a birth in SF's heavyweight tournament? 

Who's the lucky dad?

Cris Cyborg